Thread: Anybody know anything about wine coolers?

Blog Entries

Anybody know anything about wine coolers?

My wine cooler is freezing anything placed on the top shelf, even at the lowest setting. Anybody have any idea what might be causing this?

I've called an appliance repair service, but they can't get here until Nov 6, maybe it's time to get in the appliance repair business☺
    Dennis

Stuck thermostat ???? Too long between opening the door ???

Quote Originally Posted by dennis thompson View Post
    My wine cooler is freezing anything placed on the top shelf, even at the lowest setting. Anybody have any idea what might be causing this?

I've called an appliance repair service, but they can't get here until Nov 6, maybe it's time to get in the appliance repair business☺
    How old it is? Could be dirt built up on the condenser causing the unit to run longer to TRY and hold the temp down. Easy and cheap blow out with compressed air. IF not more than likely a bad temp control. OR not enough air circulation inside because of no spacing between the bottles....

Me ? Over 30 years with HVAC/R commercial work.....
    Last edited by Bill George; 10-22-2020 at 4:19 PM.
    Retired Guy- Central Iowa.HVAC/R , Cloudray Galvo Fiber , -Windows 10

I thought they went out of fashion almost as soon as they came out. Gallo was the biggest maker during the peak in the 1970's which makes sense because they were and still are the worlds largest wine maker. They will do most anything to improve sales.
    Bill D.

On edit: I guess you mean a machine not what goes inside it.
    Has to be a bad thermostat it should never go that low. The evaporator may be iced up. I would unload it and let it thaw a few days.
    Either the thermosat is bad or it is not getting airflow to the thermostat so it is not seeing the true temperature
    Last edited by Bill Dufour; 10-22-2020 at 3:57 PM.

Blog Entries
    I think Ed has the answer. You need to be opening that door more frequently.