Thread: 8" jointer value

8" jointer value

Been looking for a used jointer and ran across this one.
    Do you think this one would be worth looking into ?

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace...58452951480304

thanks

Yes, check it over with a good straight edge. Pay for it and load it up. OR wait and someone else will own it.
    Good luck
    Ron

I agree with Ron, buy it quick!

Shoot...to late. It's sold.
    Thanks for the advise anyway

The time to ask is before you need or want one. As you’ve seen.

Next time one comes up , you be in the know already.

When click on that link, it redirects to tools near Columbus, OH. I assume that because I'm not a facebook user, I don't see the specific post?
    Brian

"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger or more complicated...it takes a touch of genius and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction." - E.F. Schumacher

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Tymchak View Post
    When click on that link, it redirects to tools near Columbus, OH. I assume that because I'm not a facebook user, I don't see the specific post?
    must have been removed, worked earlier. Pictures showed a well kept General jointer.
    Ron

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Selzer View Post
    must have been removed, worked earlier. Pictures showed a well kept General jointer.
    Ron
    Ah, thanks Ron!
    Brian

"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger or more complicated...it takes a touch of genius and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction." - E.F. Schumacher

You missed a really good machine there.

I’m afraid I did. I’m still looking and ran across a Delta 8” professional. I know Delta is dead but what could go wrong with a jointer ? I hope it’s ok to share another link. This one is close to the same price and closer to me. https://m.facebook.com/marketplace/i...machines&mdf=1

That Delta will most likely be a Taiwan made machine. Should be fine as long as the tables are flat. The General you posted earlier is in another class, comparable to U.S. made powermatic and Delta 37-315 jointers. Some guys would only buy the north American machines. I would if given a choice between the two. That said I own and use Asian made machines and they work and last just fine as long as they are decent quality to begin with. As to what could go wrong with a jointer,not much. If the tables are flat and aligned parallel to each other and the fence is not warped the only other things are bearings or electrical (motor or switches) which are available from many sources.