Thread: Arm R Seal for floors

Blog Entries

Arm R Seal for floors

I have just discovered Arm R Seal and I can't believe I haven't used it before!

I'm making some new handrails and turned support posts from some really nice curly walnut. There are a couple of boards at the top of the steps that I'm also replacing with the walnut.

My question is if Arm R Seal is durable enough for use on a couple of the floor boards?

Definitely. Arm-r-seal is extremely durable. Just allow enough dry time between coats (~24 hrs) and you’ll be fine.

3. I did 2 thresholds with it in our house. One meets up with tile and the other is at a step. It's been about a year and both still look good, so I would say it's tough enough even though I think they don't recommend it.

General Finishes does not recommend Arm R Seal on floors. It's durable but too slippery. They have a floor finish. Check out their website.

I'd be surprised if it had much longevity. I have a couple pieces done with it that the cats have beaten up pretty badly. Bona Traffic HD is incredibly good for floors.