Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: USPS Tracking Question

Blog Entries
    My curiosity is wondering where the next scan might be:

USPS Day 3.png

Hope it is somewhere in the continental United States and not Hawaii.

jtk
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Elfert View Post
    Huh, they lost $8.8 billion in 2019. The USPS has not paid the $5 billion to the retiree healthcare fund since 2012 so losses can't be blamed on the prefunding requirement.
    This article seems to refute your claim. Not interested in arguing. You can choose your news sources just as I can. Yes they lost money in 2019 and the healthcare was funded according to this gentleman. If they allowed them to go to pay as you go they very well might be profitable or at least close to it. Seems like a reputable non-agenda driven source.

news.nd.edu/news/postal-service-losing-money-because-of-congressional-mandate-not-low-prices-expert-says/

I've been self-employed for 45 years. Know what my business's net profit average has been? Actually, there IS no 'average', as my profit has ALWAYS been exactly ZERO. Same with my losses, none, ever.

The reason: Money comes in from the fruits of my labor, money goes out to pay for expenses, the leftover is mine. As a BUSINESS, there's no profit, no loss, ever.

This is how the Post Office SHOULD work. Any 'profit' should simply used as a basis for adjusting pricing and employee wages...

Yeah, too simple.
    ========================================
    ELEVEN - rotary cutter tool machines
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    THREE- make that FOUR now - fiber lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter
    CASmate, Corel, Gravostyle

Quote Originally Posted by Ronald Blue View Post
    This article seems to refute your claim. Not interested in arguing. You can choose your news sources just as I can. Yes they lost money in 2019 and the healthcare was funded according to this gentleman. If they allowed them to go to pay as you go they very well might be profitable or at least close to it. Seems like a reputable non-agenda driven source.

news.nd.edu/news/postal-service-losing-money-because-of-congressional-mandate-not-low-prices-expert-says/
    I get my facts from the source, the USPS itself, unless you believe the USPS is lying. See https://about.usps.com/what/financia...rts/fy2019.pdf Page three of the annual report shows an $8.8 billion loss. Even if they paid the required payment to the retiree healthcare fund they still had a loss.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Elfert View Post
    I get my facts from the source, the USPS itself, unless you believe the USPS is lying. See https://about.usps.com/what/financia...rts/fy2019.pdf Page three of the annual report shows an $8.8 billion loss. Even if they paid the required payment to the retiree healthcare fund they still had a loss.
    I'm not seeing anything that disputes what was stated by my source. I never said they didn't lose money. If you reread my original post I stated that. I'm pointing out part or most of the reason is because of what they are forced to do each year.

Ron, I agree with you that the "why" behind the financial results is important.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Blog Entries
    This is how the Post Office SHOULD work. Any 'profit' should simply used as a basis for adjusting pricing and employee wages...
    There are more accountants on the federal payroll scrutinizing the USPS than are looking over your shoulder.

jtk
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."

Blog Entries

Day Six

Maybe my package was placed on a direct flight from Puerto Rico to Portland, Oregon in a Piper Cub?

USPS Day 6.png

Hopefully it will show up today.

jtk

Speaking of tracking , all the wanted posters are gone !

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mel Fulks View Post
    Speaking of tracking , all the wanted posters are gone !
    That may have taken place when the Postal Service was separated from being subsidiary of the government. As a department of the government they could be compelled to post official government documents. As a quasi government service that may no longer be the case.

A quick search shot that down:

The next time you walk into a post office, take a look around. One of the things you probably won't see are the faces of the FBI's Most Wanted Fugitives. Over the past decade, America's most notorious mug shots have been fading away from post office walls.

"It's really a move of economy," Nancy Pope, a historian at the Smithsonian Institution's National Postal Museum, tells host Scott Simon.

"The Postal Service is in need of money, and they're looking at post offices a little bit differently than they used to," she says. "They're looking at them less as the community center and more as a place for merchandise and marketing."

Some post offices already sell greeting cards in addition to stamps, but more merchandise is planned. "Anything they can pretty much get OK'd by Congress and the Postal Regulatory Commission," Pope says, "because they really do need the extra money."
    So the space formerly used to post "America's Most Wanted" is now used to hawk Priority Mail.

jtk

Blog Entries
    Only six days?
    I got a credit card statement that said I was late with the last months payment
    Got that statement the following week
    Howard Garner

Blog Entries
    The package was in today's mail.

It didn't look like it drank all the liquor in Puerto Rico. Maybe that was Costa Rica. Well, it ain't nobody's business but my own…

jtk

Quote Originally Posted by Howard Garner View Post
    Only six days?
    I got a credit card statement that said I was late with the last months payment
    Got that statement the following week
    I dealt with credit card statements by long ago signing up for electronic statements. The only paper mail I get from them is the stupid promo checks which have dried up since the pandemic started.

Blog Entries
    We did not see a postman yesterday. I will go to the post office and ask for our mail if they do not show up today.
    It is what it is and there is nothing we can do about it.

Quote Originally Posted by lowell holmes View Post
    We did not see a postman yesterday. I will go to the post office and ask for our mail if they do not show up today.
    It is what it is and there is nothing we can do about it.

I know, I wrote to postmaster at distribution center concerning my missing packages. ABSOLUTELY NO RESPONSE!