Thread: I was just reading . . . ....

Blog Entries

I was just reading . . . ....

A book by Texas Bix Bender, "Don't Squat With Yer Spurs On!"
    One of his sayings is "If you're gonna take the measure of a man, take the full measure".

I thought you might like it. A little homespun philosophy.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by lowell holmes View Post
    A book by Texas Bix Bender, "Don't Squat With Yer Spurs On!"
    One of his sayings is "If you're gonna take the measure of a man, take the full measure".

I thought you might like it. A little homespun philosophy.
    Jim Hightower must also be fan. He quoted Bix Bender occasionally when he had a daily minute on a San Francisco AM radio station.

The Hightowerlowdown is on the web now but if you want to read or listen to more than a half dozen programs a month a subscription is required.

He is still syndicated on radio > https://hightowerlowdown.org/archive...r-radio-radio/ <

jtk
    Last edited by Jim Koepke; 10-19-2020 at 2:21 PM. Reason: Changed wording about syndication and added a link
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Koepke View Post
    Jim Hightower must also be fan. He quoted Bix Bender occasionally when he had a daily minute on a San Francisco AM radio station.

The Hightowerlowdown is on the web now but if you want to read or listen to more than a half dozen programs a month a subscription is required.

He is still syndicated on radio > https://hightowerlowdown.org/archive...r-radio-radio/ <

jtk

Jim Hightower used to be the Texas Agricultural Commissioner