Thread: VLS 4.6 50 watt problem

VLS 4.6 50 watt problem

I'm hoping that someone can help. I have a 10 year old laser and had the laser replaced within the last year(It wasn't firing at all). I had a problem even before the replacement with the right side of the bed cutting material. It happens with acrylic, paper etc. It will mark the material but not nearly have the same power as the left side of the machine, I looks like it happens after the 16" mark on the ruler. Could it be that I need to replace the mirrors? Any suggestions?
    Universal Laser VLS4.60 50 watts
    Corel Draw X5

You can check those mirrors for burnt spots or bad surfaces but my guess they need to be aligned. Just do a search on here for mirror alignment you will find a couple methods and its not rocket science!
    Retired Guy- Central Iowa.HVAC/R , Cloudray Galvo Fiber , -Windows 10

Quote Originally Posted by Bill George View Post
    You can check those mirrors for burnt spots or bad surfaces but my guess they need to be aligned. Just do a search on here for mirror alignment you will find a couple methods and its not rocket science!
    Thank you, I'll try that
    Corel Draw X5

I have a GCC Explorer with a 38" x 20" table, the mirrors are so misadjusted that the area from 20" to 12" up, and from 26" from left to the 38" limit- a whole bunch of the bottom right corner- won't engrave or cut much of anything; in that area the beam runs uphill to where it's totally above the lens mirror! Been like that since I got it, but I pretty much only use the first 24", which is all pretty good.

It's a good bet your beam alignment is in need of adjusting too

One reason I haven't adjusted mine, is this machine's laser is mounted UNDER the table, so there's FOUR mirrors to line up instead of the usual three... One of these days
    ========================================
    ELEVEN - rotary cutter tool machines
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    THREE- make that FOUR now - fiber lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter
    CASmate, Corel, Gravostyle

I would also check that the bed is level just a thought
    If the Help and advice you received here was of any VALUE to you PLEASE! Become a Contributor
    Rabbit RL_XX_6040-60 watt Laser engraving/cutting machine Oh wait its a 3D Printer my bad LOL
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    8" bench mount 5 speed Drill Press
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander

Thank you. The first thing that I did was level everything
    Corel Draw X5