Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Do letter carriers still wear uniforms?

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Dufour View Post
    There is a joke in there somewhere about memory being you live in Orwell. Something about a memory hole?
    Bill D.
    I'm sure you're right, but I think I have missed it somehow. I read 1984 and Animal Farm but it's been a while and I've forgotten most of the details. One of the signs at the edge of the village has either naturally aged or been vandalized so that the R has faded out and it reads O WELL. It's not a bad motto, all in all.

Quote Originally Posted by John K Jordan View Post
    A neighbor here modified a car for his wife, a rural carrier, to have duplicate steering wheel and foot pedals on the right side. Then he started modifying cars for other carriers - I think he did about a dozen!

JKJ
    That's how the driver's ed cars "back in the day" were configured. I don't know if that's done these days much.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Becker View Post
    That's how the driver's ed cars "back in the day" were configured. I don't know if that's done these days much.
    A school drivers ed instructor told me a student was on a blind curve when a car came the other way half in their lane. The girl screamed and let go of the wheel to cover her eyes with her arms. The car didn’t have dual controls but the instructor was able to grab the wheel and steer off the road. This was in the late ’60s in western PA so even back then at least some cars were not configured for dual controls.

I’ve taught a bunch of kids to drive and we do many parking lot sessions before I allow them to drive in traffic!

JKJ