Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bi ocular camera lenses?

Quote Originally Posted by andrew whicker View Post
    That's an awesome resume.
    Yes, he's very sharp. If you're on Instagram, follow him. He has a wonderful warm personality and posts about music, photography and helping others/causes. During the pandemic, he's even given free lessons to folks on how to play some of the guitar solos from Queen songs.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Blog Entries
    A few years ago, there was the Lytton light field camera. While it wasn’t a 3d camera, it had a much neater trick. You focused the picture and set depth of field AFTER taking the picture. As I recall, you could also shift the angle just a little.

The company is gone but you can still find the cameras. I don’t know about the specialized software necessary to manipulate the image.

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Feeley View Post
    A few years ago, there was the Lytton light field camera. While it wasn’t a 3d camera, it had a much neater trick. You focused the picture and set depth of field AFTER taking the picture. As I recall, you could also shift the angle just a little.

The company is gone but you can still find the cameras. I don’t know about the specialized software necessary to manipulate the image.
    Current generations of higher end smartphones with multiple lenses like the iPhone have this capability and it's very kewel to be able to dial in the depth of field one wants for effect.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Blog Entries
    My apologies. The camera was the Lytros. Darned autocorrect!