Thread: Infinity Carbide Tipped Planer Blades

Infinity Carbide Tipped Planer Blades

Can I get some input on the Infinity Carbide Tipped Planer blades. I'm getting tired of changing the HSS blades on my Dewalt 735.

Thanks in advance!

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by mike ash View Post
    Can I get some input on the Infinity Carbide Tipped Planer blades. I'm getting tired of changing the HSS blades on my Dewalt 735.

Thanks in advance!

Mike
    I can't comment on the infinity blades but if it were me, I'd look at HSS knives from sources other than DeWalt. The DeWalt blades have had a reputation for being not very durable.

"In general"...carbide can last longer relative to wear, but typically isn't as "sharp" as HHS because carbide can be more brittle if sharpened to the same degree. Everything has trade-offs that enter into the decision whether or not the increased cost of the carbide is justified over just changing the HSS more frequently.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

I had infinity’s carbide tipped blades in my 735. The were great and very easy to resharpen with a simple shop made made fixture. I do miss that planer.
    Aj

Mike, those "disposable" knives can be sharpened. Look at buying (Deulen) or making a jig to sharpen them. My resharpened knives are sharper than any factory new knife.

6. There are a couple stores in the USA on eBay and Amazon that are selling same grade carbide tipped blades for a lot less. I bought a set from reds and they seem to work good on my grizzly planer.

Thanks for the input guys! That what I like about this forum...