Thread: Tom's Spa/Shop

Tom's Spa/Shop

My shop has the best lighting and tools. It is the best place in the house for bandaging and clipping toenails and we did a couple of Covid haircuts there in spring. A few lost clippings are not a problem. Today LOML backed onto a cactus! ouch. The spines are too small to see so we cleared the bench/operating table and got out the task lights, magnifier and tweezers. Unfortunately still too small to see. Fortunately a few applications of package tape did the trick. Worked on her pants too.

If we had a "like" button, I would have hit it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Bender View Post
    My shop has the best lighting and tools. It is the best place in the house for bandaging and clipping toenails and we did a couple of Covid haircuts there in spring. A few lost clippings are not a problem. Today LOML backed onto a cactus! ouch. The spines are too small to see so we cleared the bench/operating table and got out the task lights, magnifier and tweezers. Unfortunately still too small to see. Fortunately a few applications of package tape did the trick. Worked on her pants too.
    No pictures, didn't happen. Just kidding! Sounds like a real pain in the rear.

A glancing flame from a propane torch will take care of those spines real quick. Do it every few months as needed. I am surprised you can grow succulents in Michigan.
    Bill D

Welcome to the club...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Ex-SCM and Felder rep

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Dufour View Post
    A glancing flame from a propane torch will take care of those spines real quick. Do it every few months as needed. I am surprised you can grow succulents in Michigan.
    Bill D
    If you did that once do you think she’d come back for another flaming?
    Seriously when trail riding in the Southwest duct tape is in the first aid bag for thorn removal.. DKMHIK

Quote Originally Posted by Bernie Kopfer View Post
    If you did that once do you think she’d come back for another flaming?
    Seriously when trail riding in the Southwest duct tape is in the first aid bag for thorn removal.. DKMHIK
    .. don't forget a comb, and a pair of pliers. A set of hemostats also is good to have.
    ~mike

happy in my mud hut