Thread: Health insurance scammers

Health insurance scammers

So after not receiving many telemarketor calls for a while. Usually I get 3 or 4 a day all of a sudden yesterday I got 45 scammers calling me in one day. They always start around 9am and don't stop until about 7:30 Some years are worse than others and last year wasn't that bad. It's not even open enrollment yet. Usually they wait until open enrollment starts though. I guess it's due to the covid pandemic.

I rarely ever get an actual phone call from people, so 95 percent of the time it's a scammer.

Open enrollment just started.
    My three favorite things are the Oxford comma, irony and missed opportunities

The problem with humanity is: we have paleolithic emotions; medieval institutions; and God-like technology. Edward O. Wilson

It doesn't start until November 1st

Medicare started yesterday.
    ~mike

happy in my mud hut

I usually just tell them I'm someone else and they have the wrong number. They already know who I am when they call.

I just answer in German.
    ~mike

happy in my mud hut

Don't ever sign up to see a mortgage refinance rate. I made that mistake and literally within 1 minute after pressing enter I received 6 back to back calls. Within the next week I would receive 20-30 calls a day. I had to download a call filter and literally start blocking everything. I still get 4-5 calls a day about it.

I bought a couch the previous day. Wonder if they sold my phone number. Lol

38 calls today. I put it on vibrate so at least I don't hear it ring.

Blog Entries
    The main problem with caller ID is the calling number is often spoofed.

The call blocking feature on my phone can only store so many numbers and it filled up quickly. One of the scammers called me multiple times with a different number each time.

My latest ploy is to press 1 or 2. Usually the promise to stop calling is meaningless. So my plan is to get a live person. Most of them have been asked repeatedly to remove us from their list. This hasn't worked.

Now when a live person comes online they are engaged and then insulted for their lying and scamming. Often this includes foul language. My intent is to make someone feel so disgusted with themselves to the point of quitting their job and pursuing honest work.

They have absolutely no respect for me, why should they get any from me?

Often a scam caller uses the telephone network to seize a line so the person called can not simply hang up. Sometimes it seems like learning how this is used might be useful so the scammers who hang up on me can be prevented from hanging up. How much would they pay for me to release their line? This is a valid part of the telephone system so an emergency call or a few other valid services can not accidentally be cut off.

jtk
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)