Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: My Version of Garrett Hack's Huntboard

Thanks much! I will admit that it is fairly short on real storage space: not going to fit complete sets of china or crystal in this piece. But there are times when form trumps function.

Quote Originally Posted by glenn bradley View Post
    Beautifully done. It has a light visual feel, beautiful material and great craftsmanship. I used your picture to try to talk LOML down from the large focal piece she's after for a similar dining room piece. I think I scored points for the lighter look. Thanks!

Thanks David: Garret Hack gets the credit for the overall design: I just tweaked it a little!

Quote Originally Posted by David Eisenhauer View Post
    Just outstanding Phil. Very nice work indeed and I am glad you shared this with us. Details details details! - Beads, subtle curve legs, undercut ends top, pulls, etc. and then the thing seems to glow as it sits there. Thanks.

Congratulations Phil on getting your hunt board into the Fine Woodworking Gallery Oct 2021. Spectacular!

Beautiful and Inspiring

Excellent results. Truly an inspiring piece of craftsmanship. Well done.

Mark and Joe: thanks much gents! Page 70 of Fine Woodworking beats the cover of the Rolling Stone any day. Phil

Yup, extremely handsome!

Congrats and well deserved!
    "You can observe a lot just by watching."
    --Yogi Berra

Blog Entries
    Exceptional work, it will only improve with age. Thanks for sharing.
    Lee Schierer
    USNA '71
    Go Navy!

My advice, comments and suggestions are free, but it costs money to run the site. If you found something of value here please give a little something back by becoming a contributor! Please Contribute

Mike/Christopher/Lee: Thanks much! Phil

Phil - an extraordinarily beautiful piece. The vertical grain on the doors was a brilliant decision. Makes me study it, and then all the other great details are discovered. The beading, the pulls matching the grain, the pins, the delicate legs, etc etc. It deserves to be on page 1 not 70. Great work.
    Stand for something, or you'll fall for anything.

Bill: You have a keen eye sir, and exceedingly good taste. Thanks for the thoughtful comments and kind words. Best, Phil

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Carey View Post
    Phil - an extraordinarily beautiful piece. The vertical grain on the doors was a brilliant decision. Makes me study it, and then all the other great details are discovered. The beading, the pulls matching the grain, the pins, the delicate legs, etc etc. It deserves to be on page 1 not 70. Great work.

I like everything about it!!

looks great, I just bought a back issue with that design so I can do one myself

what they all said
    Nice Work

Thanks Gents! Happy to have made page 70: still shooting for the front cover!