Thread: Reliant DD400 balloon and Flap sander

Reliant DD400 balloon and Flap sander

So... I think I lucked out... and picked up a Reliant DD400 Balloon and Flap sander for pretty cheap... needs a little work, but i *think* I got a good deal on it.... a bit under $200. Needs a little work....(Minor rust, replace the on/off switch, maybe the cord).

What surprised me is how little I have been able to find out about it online. I woudl love to replace the switch with original maker, but.. not stressed about that. What I am trying to figure out is the specs on the sanding drum sleeves, so i can order some, and also replacement for the brushes... (they are in pretty rough shape).

This machine might be over kill, for my simple projects, but I thought it woudl be a fun fix it up project, and if it is too big for my home shop, I should be able to at least get my money back....

Does anyone have any info on this machine? or can recommend a good source for compatible sanding drum sleeves?

Thank you in advance, for any help!!

If you are talking about an inflatable drum sander Klingspor and supergrit.com have the sleeves.

Blog Entries
    I think you did OK. A pnuematic drum has been on my list for a while.
    "A hen is only an egg's way of making another egg".

– Samuel Butler

Thank you for the recommendation!!

Now i just need to figure out the SIZE of the sleeves.... from measuring, it looks like they should be 9" x 4.5" ... which does not seem to be offered... :/ I hope I did not get a machine that I can not get the consumables for ..

Does anyone else have one of these machines?

I have looked online for info... but google just comes up with auction sites, selling them, or different brand machines....

Mike
    Mike