Thread: Wall Decoration - Laser cutting

Lightbulb Wall Decoration - Laser cutting

Hi guys,

Ive recieved so much help from you guys in here and Im looking for some more now.

A friend of mine came to me and asked me for a project, if it was possible and i went to investigate it a bit. His inspiration came from this project:

https://madeinwonderland.dk/portfoli...-of-carlsberg/

He is thinking about getting something similar, however of course with another logo. Size wise would be about 2x6.5 feet

So my issue is:

How is this made?

I know, that a 3D model needs to be made, but from there im on uncharted territory

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

Here's how I think that huge wall was built...The designer used a 3-D modeling program. He first laid out the pattern he wanted on the wall, then still on the computer made slices through the model. He moved those slices to a CNC router, and cut them all out. Then a team of assemblers fastened the slices to the wall.

You can do something similar, but at a much lower price point. You can use free design software, and you don't need a giant CNC router. Me, I'd use Sketchup for the software, but that are many choices. I'd lay out the pattern, cut the slices, and print each slice on paper. If you have the usual kind of printer, you'll need two or three sheets of paper to make a pattern that's 2 feet tall. Tape the sheets together after the printing step. Use spray contact adhesive to attach each pattern to each board. Cut with a jigsaw or a bandsaw. Assemble the cut boards with spacers between them. I'd do it just with screws. The spacers may eventually where you put screws to attach your sign to a wall.