Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What accessories to get with the Hammer A3-31?

I agree with Erik, but I'll add a couple items that I have for my A3-41:

-Aluminum handwheel
    -Dial indicator in your preference of metric/imperial
    -(2) mounting rails for extension tables
    -(2) extension tables (one stays on the planer outfeed all the time, the other one comes and goes off the jointer infeed, for 8/4 that's more than about 4' or heavy.
    -(1) dust collection fitting to whatever hose size you use
    -(1) extra jointer head cutter guard (cut 1/3 off with a bandsaw; then you have 1/3 and 2/3 sections to use when you move the jointer fence towards the user)
    Mobile base of your choice, as needed.
    Wax for anti-rust or Super Glide
    electrical connector/plug end
    Last edited by Rod Wolfy; 02-18-2022 at 4:13 PM.

I have the A3-41 in my garage shop - love it. Yes, of course there are better machines - even within the same manufacturer (Felder Group) - but for a small shop or well-healed hobbiest it is fantastic. For the space it takes up in the shop and the quality of the machine, hard to beat the price. Of course you already know this, since you bought an A3-31!

I guess no one uses the slot mortising attachment, since no one mentioned it. I have a PantoRouter and so I have not acquired this attachment either. Although I have thought about it.

The mobile base is a must, and the dial indicator as others have said. I find the magport magnetic dust port connectors to be highly useful, and recommend them highly. I have them on all my stationary machines. I share dust collector hoses between the machines so the magports make this easy. I do have the attachment rails and the short extensions; use them only for very long pieces and so not that often.

I made a super-duty extension cord for the machine, since I pull it out from the wall when I use it. The cord that came with mine is extremely short.

Cutter guard purchase

Quote Originally Posted by Rod Wolfy View Post
    I agree with Erik, but I'll add a couple items that I have for my A3-41:

-Aluminum handwheel
    -Dial indicator in your preference of metric/imperial
    -(2) mounting rails for extension tables
    -(2) extension tables (one stays on the planer outfeed all the time, the other one comes and goes off the jointer infeed, for 8/4 that's more than about 4' or heavy.
    -(1) dust collection fitting to whatever hose size you use
    -(1) extra jointer head cutter guard (cut 1/3 off with a bandsaw; then you have 1/3 and 2/3 sections to use when you move the jointer fence towards the user)
    Mobile base of your choice, as needed.
    Wax for anti-rust or Super Glide
    electrical connector/plug end
    Rod
    how did you purchase separate cutter guard?

Quote Originally Posted by Bernie May View Post
    Rod
    how did you purchase separate cutter guard?
    Wrong Rod however I did the same thing, just order one from Felder…..Rod