Thread: Bandsaw advice

Bandsaw advice

I need a new bandsaw. I have been looking and like the specs on the Laguna 14bx 220 2.5 hp. Does anyone know anything good or bad about them?

No but I bet Grizzly will have parts for theirs much longer than them.

Yes, I have it and love it. The only thing that would tempt me would be the 18bx, but not enough to even check the price (I'm pretty sure it wasn't out when I bought the 14bx).

Now that I've had the break I couldn't go back to not having it. I also love the power for resaw (I've used it up to 8 inches).

Well, I’m told you can’t get a new one until at least December . And given Laguna’s last effort , it will likely be next year sometime before that “estimate” becomes reality.

Take a look at the Ricon offering. I got a 10-326 this past summer and have been very pleased. You might find one faster.
    Sharp solves all manner of problems.

I like my Jet JWBS14sfx (13 inch resaw, 1.75hp motor, cast iron wheels, no tool top guide adjustments).

I purchased a Laguna 18bx last month and have been very pleased so far. I looked at the 14bx and thought it was a very nice saw but I decided to go bigger. I’m not sure I need bigger but that’s a different issue. I understand that the waiting times for equipment manufacturers is stretching out but my dealer had both models in stock so perhaps yours does too.
    Good luck with your purchase!

Blog Entries
    I have the Jet saw with riser block, Kreg saw guide, and a roll around base. I have no need for anything more.

For anyone near Fort Wayne, Indiana, Oak Tree Supplies has a Laguna 18bx in stock.

Cliff
    The problem with the world is that intelligent people are full of doubts, while the stupid ones are full of confidence.
    Charles Bukowski