Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Jet VS Supermax

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Colson View Post

There's a guy selling a "New in box" supermax 18-36 that is a 3 hour 1 way trip on CL, should I make the drive?

You need to ask after that ordeal you just went though? Just make sure you have some kind of assurance from the owner that he/it will be there when you arrive. I bought my 19-38 "slightly used" and couldn't be happier. And bought my casters off Amazon.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

I sell a lot of stuff on CL, in that scenario you want him to text a picture of the sander loaded up and ready to roll then meet him half way. If he does not have a truck you just need to talk to him and see if you get warm fuzzies about him being there.

A machine dealer told me it’s been real busy, lots of guys building kitchen cabinets for their own house during covid.
    Last edited by Bruce King; 10-10-2020 at 9:41 PM.

I was thinking of the supermax 19 -38 as well, but inventory is tight so went with the dual drum 25 as it was in stock. Waiting for the delivery truck to arrive. I have a very old jet 16-32 and the motor was constantly shutting off under heavier loads. This was pre intelligent sand technology. Seems like the 19 -38 gets very good reviews. The 5 hp in the 25 is what sold me for the extra cash and hope it’s the last sander I’ll ever need.

Hey Thomas, don’t know where you are located but Woodcraft has them in stock in Grand Rapids, MI.