Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Why are threads deleted?

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Garson View Post
    Jim, I thought throwing the work of editing the post to meet the TOS back on the poster would be less work than doing the editing for them but you have the first hand experience not me so I guess I'll have to accept you response.
    Actually more work that way, Doug...and you'll have to trust me on that.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Demuth View Post
    If we started locking or deleting repetitive threads, there wouldn't be much left here. Most actual woodworking questions get a perfectly viable answer within the first two responses. We then repeat ourselves for another 10 or 20 or 30 posts.
    And even then, most such threads repeat every year or so.

Including this one.
    Yoga class makes me feel like a total stud, mostly because I'm about as flexible as a 2x4.
    "Design"? Possibly. "Intelligent"? Sure doesn't look like it from this angle.
    We used to be hunter gatherers. Now we're shopper borrowers.
    The three most important words in the English language: "Front Towards Enemy".
    The world makes a lot more sense when you remember that Butthead was the smart one.
    You can never be too rich, too thin, or have too much ammo.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Becker View Post
    Actually more work that way, Doug...and you'll have to trust me on that.
    OK Jim, as long as your not selling any bridges.

While I have posted in a couple I would rather if there wasn't an "off topic" section on this forum. As much as people try not to politics will always enter into the discussion. On other forums I belong to they have those sections private like the Lumber Yard but you have to opt in to gain access and it's more hidden (nothing would show up on the "Hottest Threads") from view by anyone who didn't request access. Even then it's very moderated and threads are locked down very quickly. I'm sure most come here for woodworking related information. Loosing the non-related stuff most likely wouldn't drive anyone to leave.