Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: New Car/Truck Cargo Abilties for Sheet Goods?

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Helmich View Post
    I now have a full size truck with the short 5.5 ft bed. It sucks. It really does. Except for most of the time when I’m just running around town with nothing in it. Then it’s great. The answer to your question about what the micro beds are good for…not much.
    Actually, in city and near by area it "generally" works better to 5.5' bed. While carrying 8' sheets, to a limit, both will perform equally good. In both cases you have to have tail gate down. In favor of 5.5', parking is little easier and more importantly, it will fit in most garages. On other side, anything 6' in length 6.5' bed makes life simpler, and not to mention it looks better.

I guess it comes down to the primary duty of the truck.

If all I'm carrying in my 6.5' bed is a few sheets of plywood, I just leave the tailgate up.

"Anything seems possible when you don't know what you're doing."

My 2007 Toyota Minivan does 4 x8 with middle seats removed. Have had 7 sheets of drywall in it. 8’ lumber no problem. A few 10’ boards straight up the middle too.

Longer than 10’ means tying down the back door which is somewhat problematic, but can be done.

Not sure about the newer ones.