Thread: My New Digital Read Out

My New Digital Read Out

FYI: Recently acquired an Accurate Technology DRO for my table saw. I know it may not be the ticket for everyone, but once calibrated, the repeat accuracy of the cuts amaze me every time I use the saw. Also, I would like to mention that the technical support from those folks is outstanding.

Blog Entries
    I hear you. I've been running a DRO on the tablesaw since about 2008. I moved it to my Saw Stop when I went that direction.

Wixey-TS-Fence-001.jpg . SawStop (3).jpg

It has become an inherent part of how I approach an operation. It really opened up the tablesaw's value as a joinery machine to me.

I'm looking at the display module setting on top of my PC right now. As soon as the new shop starts to get populated it will find its way back to the Saw Stop. It has realty been a bullet proof solution for me.
    "A hen is only an egg's way of making another egg".

– Samuel Butler

Yupe its really good stuff.
    I got tired of hAving to fuss with my Wixey's all the time.
    I have three Accurate DROs one one my table saw, one on my planer and one on my radial arm saw.
    BTW the dro on the radial arm saw is fantastic. Expensive yes but in my opinion well worth it. Radial arm saws get mostly a bad rap but when you take the time to set them up properly they make any chop saw look like a gangly teenager on an NFL line.

Quote Originally Posted by glenn bradley View Post
    I hear you. I've been running a DRO on the tablesaw since about 2008. I moved it to my Saw Stop when I went that direction.

Wixey-TS-Fence-001.jpg . SawStop (3).jpg

It has become an inherent part of how I approach an operation. It really opened up the tablesaw's value as a joinery machine to me.

I'm looking at the display module setting on top of my PC right now. As soon as the new shop starts to get populated it will find its way back to the Saw Stop. It has realty been a bullet proof solution for me.
    I need to reinstall mine on my new SawStop ICS. I had it on my contractor's saw and loved it.

Glenn - Have you looked into installing a General International's micro adjuster for your fence also? Makes fine tuning much easier.
    Wixey-DRO---Microadjuster-on-SawStop.jpg
    Last edited by Alan Lightstone; 10-08-2020 at 7:39 AM.
    - After I ask a stranger if I can pet their dog and they say yes, I like to respond, "I'll keep that in mind" and walk off
    - It's above my pay grade. Mongo only pawn in game of life.

Blog Entries
    6D1124F5-E9D9-4ABE-A0DD-2D8603DE5779.jpg
    My DigiFence DRO by Accurate Technologies is terrific! I agree with you about the ability to make the exact same cut length. It is terrific to be able to come back later and make another cut and have it perfectly match.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Arnsdorff View Post
    6D1124F5-E9D9-4ABE-A0DD-2D8603DE5779.jpg
    My DigiFence DRO by Accurate Technologies is terrific! I agree with you about the ability to make the exact same cut length. It is terrific to be able to come back later and make another cut and have it perfectly match.
    Eric:

Do you have to drill into the front fence to install the Digifence scale? I hated doing that on my old SawStop contractors saw with the Wixey DRO.
    - After I ask a stranger if I can pet their dog and they say yes, I like to respond, "I'll keep that in mind" and walk off

I installed an Accurate Technology Digi-Router DRO on my Bench Dog router lift 12 years ago. It has been totally reliable. I have since replaced the battery with a hard-wired power supply.
    The pics were taken during installation. I always us it in numerical mode, it has been very accurate.

I have often thought about adding their DRO to my Uni but I get by using a shop made indicator mount that slides up & down on the fence tube using magnets. It is only good for fine tuning a cut.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Bruce Page; 10-08-2020 at 10:58 PM.
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Lightstone View Post
    Eric:

Do you have to drill into the front fence to install the Digifence scale? I hated doing that on my old SawStop contractors saw with the Wixey DRO.
    Alan, I have a Jet XACTA table saw & fence. Yes, had to drill & tap the square tube to accommodate the track. I was hesitant also, but it worked out nicely.

I've only personally seen/used Wixey and SIKO but did have a a number of jointer/planer customers who use the AT readouts and all them said it was really top-notch.

Erik
    Ex-SCM and Felder rep

The Wixey worked well for me, but again no fun to drill and tap out the holes in that thick/strong steel tube to install it.

So has anyone put an Accurate Technology ProStop on a Minimax slider lately? Is it more or less plug and play, or does it require modifications, drilling, tapping, etc?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan Lightstone View Post
    Glenn - Have you looked into installing a General International's micro adjuster for your fence also? Makes fine tuning much easier.
    Wixey-DRO---Microadjuster-on-SawStop.jpg
    Thanks Alan. That looks really interesting… It’s funny how we develop habits. I can just toggle the loose fence lock handle a bit left and right and get stupidly accurate incremental moves :-)

My engineer in brain really makes me want that micro adjuster though. I have something like that I rigged up on my bees and I are fence I’ll have to dig around and see if I can find it.
    "A hen is only an egg's way of making another egg".

– Samuel Butler

Quote Originally Posted by glenn bradley View Post
    ... my bees and I are fence
    Gotta love AUTOCORRECT.

I'm really thrilled that I have that Micro adjuster, Glenn. You should really seriously consider it. Makes dialing in a total piece of cake.