Thread: WANT TO BUY: Lie Nielsen 140 Skew Block Plane LEFT Handed with Nicker

WANT TO BUY: Lie Nielsen 140 Skew Block Plane LEFT Handed with Nicker

Interested in picking up a LN 140 skew block plane in left-handed configuration, with nicker. If you have one sitting around collecting dust, PM me. Happy to pay full list price plus shipping. Thanks

[IMG][/IMG]

Has L-N stopped production permanently or temporarily due to covid? Hopefully, the latter as that is such a sweet plane and one of their earlier productions I believe.

Kevin

Kevin: When I contacted LN they could not tell me when it might be available again. I get the sense that they are going to keep a smaller variety of their better selling tools on the website and from time to time offer the less popular items, like the 140, as limited run items. Phil

Still looking for one of these.

Will also consider a right hand version.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil Gaudio View Post
    Will also consider a right hand version.
    You might visit this site:

https://www.lie-nielsen.com/products...-block-planes-

Lowell: these planes have been unavailable from LN for quite some time. They are no longer listed on their website. Your link brings me to the adjustable mouth block plane: already have two of those, thank you very much. I am looking for the skew block plane, so if you have one of these, lets make a deal. Phil

Quote Originally Posted by lowell holmes View Post

Still in search of this plane. Thanks

Should you have one of the early skews sans nicker, LN will add the nicker to that tool. It has been some time since I had this conversation with them and things may have changed. I spoke with them this week and they seem to be doing well albeit in reduced capacity. I picked the Boggs Concave s-shave. Sweet!

Skew Block

Ok, Phil, I will yield to you high pressure sales technique. Rt hand sans nicker
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	803BC66B-9659-4CE7-AD1C-8682720D64B0.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	108.4 KB 
ID:	444245   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3A98AE53-63BC-4F08-A198-ED269AF7FA30.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	124.8 KB 
ID:	444246