Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is Home Depot closing all California stores or just then ones near me?

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Becker View Post
    "Theoretically" there shouldn't need to be any site support for various browsers at this point HTML5, etc., should have "fixed" that issue. But the reality is that various browsers still have differences in how they interpret things. This sounds like such a glitch to me...
    A lot of people also write just bad code.
    ~mike

happy in my mud hut

Quote Originally Posted by mike stenson View Post
    A lot of people also write just bad code.
    True dat!!!!!!!!
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Tymchak View Post
    Firefox currently only accounts for 4% of the browser market.

https://gs.statcounter.com/browser-market-share

When I developed/tested website content for a major insurance company, we routinely gave lower priority to supporting Firefox because the business value was essentially negative.
    That may be in part because Firefox's share in mobile is minuscule. However Firefox has something called user agent switching (I think that's what it's called) which can make Firefox say "Oh hi there web site. I'm Internet Explorer or Chrome or whatever"even though it's Firefox. That visit would also be logged as Chrome or Internet Explorer or whatever I'd guess. I wonder if that accounts for some of Firefox's apparent decline. Or maybe not. As far as Firefox not working with certain web sites I kinda thought Firefox has privacy guards that some web site don't want to cooperate with. "What do you mean we can't track you?" Restarting in Safe Mode has worked for me.