Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is Home Depot closing all California stores or just then ones near me?

Is Home Depot closing all California stores or just then ones near me?

For several months Home Depot's website shows no stores within 50 miles of me. There are 3 in town. The local workers no nothing about a shut down. The website no longer lets me search for stores further away so it is impossible to see how far this shutdown will extend. Of course it may be their website is just so bad but I am not going to hang on the phone for hours to get someone in india who does not know either. They do not respond to emails.
    Bill D

The ones close to me (in Orange County) are doing a booming business. Can't imagine they would close them.

Mike

[I just did a search for Home Depot stores close to 95313 and found several within less than 50 miles.]
    Last edited by Mike Henderson; 10-06-2020 at 11:45 PM.
    Go into the world and do well. But more importantly, go into the world and do good.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Henderson View Post
    The ones close to me (in Orange County) are doing a booming business. Can't imagine they would close them.

Mike
    Same here. We have 5 of them in ABQ. I was in one yesterday. It was quite busy.
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

Blog Entries
    I find plenty of them in Medesto using Google maps. A BORG website’s search engine would not be my choice for much. Half the time they can’t find items that are in their own store.
    "A hen is only an egg's way of making another egg".

– Samuel Butler

Plenty in the Bay Area. If your software is old it may be affecting their website’s ability to search. Try updating your software.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Dufour View Post
    For several months Home Depot's website shows no stores within 50 miles of me. There are 3 in town. The local workers no nothing about a shut down. The website no longer lets me search for stores further away so it is impossible to see how far this shutdown will extend. Of course it may be their website is just so bad but I am not going to hang on the phone for hours to get someone in india who does not know either. They do not respond to emails.
    Bill D
    It may be an issue with your browser. I use Firefox with some add-ons and finding a local store involves restarting Firefox in safe mode which disables add-ons. Or use a different browser - I use Vivaldi which is Chromium based as an alternative.

I agree with Curt...likely something wrong with how the search is being interpreted. HD is booming...
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

You could also try the phone or actually going there, rather than replying on your computer.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Day View Post
    You could also try the phone or actually going there, rather than replying on your computer.
    If they're anything like here, you're going to have to go in. I haven't had a phone answered in a reasonable time frame since.. oh yea, February.
    ~mike

happy in my mud hut

Quote Originally Posted by mike stenson View Post
    If they're anything like here, you're going to have to go in. I haven't had a phone answered in a reasonable time frame since.. oh yea, February.
    I had to call my local HD a couple times for curbside pickup questions and they answered every time.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Day View Post
    I had to call my local HD a couple times for curbside pickup questions and they answered every time.
    Curbside sure. Try calling because you have a delayed delivery. Or, it could just be that the ones in Tucson suck. That's not surprising. I really miss the local mom and pop lumber yards they put out of business.
    ~mike

happy in my mud hut

I tried and it works fine on chrome, for now. I do not like the way chrome handles bookmarks so I try to not use it. I thought firefox was a major browser and should be supported but I guess not.
    Bill D

Well, it should be. Unfortunately, and this is actually my professional opinion, many 'developers' are not that. Sure, they can write code, but they never think to actually unit test (formal e2e testing? ridiculous )
    ~mike

happy in my mud hut

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Dufour View Post
    .... I thought firefox was a major browser and should be supported but I guess not.
    Bill D
    Firefox currently only accounts for 4% of the browser market.

https://gs.statcounter.com/browser-market-share

When I developed/tested website content for a major insurance company, we routinely gave lower priority to supporting Firefox because the business value was essentially negative.
    Brian

"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger or more complicated...it takes a touch of genius and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction." - E.F. Schumacher

"Theoretically" there shouldn't need to be any site support for various browsers at this point HTML5, etc., should have "fixed" that issue. But the reality is that various browsers still have differences in how they interpret things. This sounds like such a glitch to me...
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...