Thread: Glow in the dark safety glasses

Glow in the dark safety glasses

Just found out they make safety glasses with glow in the dark frames. Halloween is coming up. Should be easy to find in the shop, just turn off the lights for a minute. Zenni makes glow in the dark frames but I do not think they have safety lenses.
    Bil lD

They do have safety lenses, but not in glow-in-the-dark-frames. Yet I'm betting it won't be long before they do...
    ========================================
    ELEVEN - rotary cutter tool machines
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    THREE- make that FOUR now - fiber lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter
    CASmate, Corel, Gravostyle

I searched and there are multiple companies making safety glasses with glow in the dark ear pieces. I would think glowing frames might damage night vision.
    Bil lD.

no idea if these are prescription
    https://www.bolle-safety.com/innovations/rush-glow

I bought an Aerostich Hi-viz riding suit, for the first few months something bright in my mirrors would occasionally catch my attention, yup, my shoulders.

I wonder if glow in the dark safety glasses would have the same effect?...Rod

You could cover part or all of the frame of regular safety glasses with glow-in-the-dark tape. I found some that will glow for 6 hours with 1 hour of light exposure. It's a little on the expensive side, at $31 for a 2" x 30' roll, but there might be other brands or dealers available.

https://www.uline.com/BL_6412/Glow-I...E&gclsrc=aw.ds

What is the practical value of glow in the dark frames? I've been trying to think of one since this thread started.
    Brian

"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger or more complicated...it takes a touch of genius and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction." - E.F. Schumacher

I guess they would be fun for Halloween. they are ugly in the light.
    Bill D.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Tymchak View Post
    What is the practical value of glow in the dark frames? I've been trying to think of one since this thread started.
    ‘When you get lost in the forest at night, people can find you. Not everyone plans to get lost in the forest, so why would they be wearing glow in the dark clothing. It just happens. Anyway, it seems like it would have some value. Unless everyone started wearing them, in which case you would never know if you were finding the right person.

years ago some of the San Francisco Giants baseball team had lighted shoes. The soles were clear and glowed orange. They had to switch out shoes every few innings as the batteries wore out. Not very impressive even at night with the floodlights on.
    Toddlers often have lighted shoes for some reason. They light up with each step.
    Bil lD.