I agree.

I currently own 3 table saws. A newer jobsite Dewalt on rolling stand, a Powermatic 66 with 52” bies fence, and a Tannewitz Model U with factory rack and pinion fence and miter gauges.

There is no comparison between the job site saw and the Tannewitz, which is very similar to the Whitney. 16” blade (can fit up to 20”), no riving knife, weighs 1400#, 3 phase 5 HP motor, huge table, no vibration because of all the mass. Turning the blade on blows your hair back, no kidding.

The quality of saws like this are incredible, but I would not recommend it as a first table saw. Too much that could go wrong without previous experience and they can be a handful to move and set up 3 phase for the uninitiated.

The Dewalt is used strictly on job sites and is a fantastic saw for what it is. The fence is as good as you could want on a portable job site saw. The riving knife is a huge plus and works very well. It’s permanently mounted a rolling/folding stand that I park at the corner of a 4x8 assembly table I made on top of saw horses I made specially for the table to be the proper out feed height for the table saw on the stand. I would highly recommend it is a first saw, though you will eventually find limitations for it if using it for a lot of dedicated cross cutting or heavy dado operations.

What type of woodworking are you doing / see yourself doing?