Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is this a tool addiction?

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Seemann View Post
    The two drill press and bandsaw limit is just for the woodshop correct? I'm assuming the drill press(s) and bandsaw(s) for metalwork are counted seperately
    You are definitely allowed a complementary suite of metalworking tools. Personally I hate grabbing any potentially greasy hand or power tool from the garage and attempting to use it for woodworking. I also dislike grabbing a sawdust-covered hand or power tool to work on vehicles or outdoor power equipment. My cordless impact driver lives in both worlds and I’m endlessly cleaning the thing off.
    Last edited by Marc Fenneuff; 10-06-2020 at 11:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Becker View Post
    I find many of the older drill presses fascinating pieces of art...they had "style" back in the day. While I'm not into old iron, I could conceivably bite if the right old DP crossed my path someday.
    I am not into old iron either. However, purchased a 1966 Rockwell drill press that had only one owner, apparently for hobby use. It even came with the manual. Upgraded few parts and really like it, especially the split head design. Far better made than my previous 17” Jet. If I were to buy new, Nova would be the one I would get.

if you have to ask ..................

Like I tell the wife, "It's a lot cheaper than golf."

Blog Entries
    Lucky dog. Seriously, thought, you did well.