Thread: good spray gun setup video

good spray gun setup video

Good video Tom. I wonder if his method of setting the fluid needle is truly repeatable, however. He shows pulling the trigger back and opening the fluid control until it's loose, then turning it in until it stops. That would be consistent as long as the needle first starts against the nozzle, but not if the needle adjustment were already turned open some amount. I've always started with the needle closed and then counted how many turns open. But his results were very good, so I guess it works for him.

I'd sure like to have a spray booth like that!

John

I've never set one like that either, but don't think that's the most important thing in the video. I've seen a fair number of people try to spray that don't know what their goal actually is.

That particular gun is a favorite of mine, and a friend's favorite who lives not far away that does have a booth like that. It's for his hobby of painting hot rods he builds. That gun gets used for paint (basecoat in auto painting speak).

He lets me play with his new guns, and a short while back got some Iwata gun that lays clearcoat on that looks like glassy water. I was thinking about Jim's guitar builds when I played with that gun, and wondered if guitar builders use auto paint tech. It would save a lot of work. I forget the gun number for that clearcoat, but something like 5605 Eco. I might have those numbers wrong though. I think it was especially designed for clearcoat.