Thread: blade sharpening Indianapolis, IN other than Rockler

blade sharpening Indianapolis, IN other than Rockler

Can anyone suggest someone in Indianapolis other than Rockler? Thanks. brian
    Brian

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Runau View Post

Despite having two good sharpening services in my county, I send my blades to Dynamic Saw in Buffalo NY. Neither of my local services offers drop off and pick up in my area. It's a seventy+ mile round trip to their shop, as they are both located within a mile of each other. Post office is only three miles from the house.

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Wrenn View Post
    Despite having two good sharpening services in my county, I send my blades to Dynamic Saw in Buffalo NY. Neither of my local services offers drop off and pick up in my area. It's a seventy+ mile round trip to their shop, as they are both located within a mile of each other. Post office is only three miles from the house.
    Thanks brian
    Brian

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Wrenn View Post
    I would echo this recommendation as well. My local sharpener sadly passed away and I heard about Dynamic Saw on Sawmill Creek. I had also used Forrest in the past (a bit expensive). I had Dynamic Saw sharpen about 10 blades for me and was blown away by the service, by the quality of the sharpening and by their very reasonable pricing. As advised by someone here, I boxed several blades in the 12" USPS box where weight doesn't matter so shipping was not very much. From now on I will just use Dynamic Saw! And thanks to those of you who brought the company to my attention.

My local also passed away a few years ago. Needed two cold cut steel cutting blades sharpened and sent them to Dynamic. Excellent sharpening job and reasonably quick turn around. The cost though, sharpening was cheap enough at ~$18 per blade. Shipping jumped the price big time. $19 and change to send them and $24 to receive them. Plus Dynamic replaced six teeth at $3 each. Almost a hundred dollars for two blades. The blades are about $100 each new so I saved money over throwing the dull in the trash and buying new, but $50 per blade to sharpen... Sadly does not seem to be a local with modern sharpening equipment, that I can find anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Runau View Post
    W.D. Quin Saw Co. ( In St. Louis Mo. ) I had a couple of blades sharpened by them. They did a good job.
    Best of luck,
    Ron

No real reason to set yourself on local, use Dynamic.

Dynamic Saw for sure. Do a search on the Creek.. there was a post awhile ago about sharpening also and there where a lot of Dynamic users.