Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: In Corel

LOL I was fooling around to and I opened corel and tried Importing a PDF and low and behold all page's opened in a separate page.Don't know why I never tried that before. I hope other here try it see if it works for you .
    If the Help and advice you received here was of any VALUE to you PLEASE! Become a Contributor
    Rabbit RL_XX_6040-60 watt Laser engraving/cutting machine Oh wait its a 3D Printer my bad LOL
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    8" bench mount 5 speed Drill Press
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander

Quote Originally Posted by Chris DeGerolamo View Post
    Hey Kev, try this: Open the PDF and print it to a [new] PDF and don't embed the fonts. This process works well for me; by converting the fonts to lines/splines, you should have zero font mapping issues and get your profit margin back on track. Good luck. /hijack
    That used to work, doesn't now. Regardless if I import curves instead of text, I get garbage. Not the SAME garbage, but still garbage...
    On the left is 'text' garbage (as in my above post, on the right is 'curves' garbage...
    dial2.jpgdial4.jpg

And I MUST be able to import text in order to avoid hand typing and the typo's that come with it

Mike, I've also switched to Foxit, right after I PAID for Adobe (which would never load, and most times would freeze the whole computer...)

I DO know this much, it's NOT the PDF reader programs causing this, it's programs like SolidWorks and some others that are scrambling text specifically so non-paying 3rd parties like us can't use files their customers send us...
    Last edited by Kev Williams; 10-07-2020 at 1:58 PM.
    ========================================
    ELEVEN - rotary cutter tool machines
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    THREE- make that FOUR now - fiber lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter
    CASmate, Corel, Gravostyle

Quote Originally Posted by Glen Monaghan View Post
    Kev,

After a quick comparison of the two dials, it occured to me that the only difference is a single flipped bit. If you look at an ASCII character chart, each character is represented by a unique 2 digit hexadecimal number and you will find that a space character is 20 (hexadecimal), the numerals 0-9 are 30-39, and upper case letters A-Z are 41-5A. These days, Unicode is used to represent the greatly extended international character sets, so each character is a unique 4 digit hexadecimal number (UTF 16, but there is also 8 bit UTF 8 code). Unicode 16 just just tacks on an extra 2 zeros at the front of the legacy ASCII set (space character is 0020, zero is 0030, etc.). If you look at your second dial, what should be CUTOUT is ⁃⁕⁔⁏⁕⁔ so, if you use that as your Rosetta stone into the Unicode chart, you'll quickly discover that those characters appear to be 2000+ASCII, that is, UTF16 space character 0020 has become 2020, 0-9's 0030-0039 have become 2030-2039, A-Z's 0041-005A have become 2041-205A, etc.

Maybe a coreldraw macro could be written to locate all text objects, parse through each character of each text object, and either subract 2000 hexadecimal or logically AND with DFFF hexadecimal to flip that errant bit back to 0 so 2030 goes back to 0030, etc. Or maybe there is an online converter that will do it.

I appreciate you're checking into this - Because I can change the font, and/or edit the garbage into actual letters, I've assumed it's just some sort of easy font code manipulation- much the same as Little Orphan Annie's decoder ring

I did some research on this problem, and the one source I found explained basically what you're saying, but the problem is, as I understand it, is that the code manipulation is random, and explained that if you could figure out the code with file A, file B would have a different code. The very dials above are proof of this, because one of my customers engineers figured out the 'crack'. Worked great on all the common files of the LAST job, so the buyer used the same crack on this last order, and no worky this time. My "ski lift 1" company fought this problem at the beginning of the year, affected both DXF and PDF files. Was a pain all around; the DXF's would import graphics just fine, but NO text at all would come in. Ironically, the PDF versions came in with perfect text, but the graphics were scrambled up. I had to superimpose each file, separate them, then delete the trash from both files and combine what was left! It took them about 3 months to figure it out on their end. Not sure what they did but I'm getting wonderful DXF's from them now, with ALL extraneous text, lines & dimensions removed. Easiest prints I've ever had to work with
    ========================================
    ELEVEN - rotary cutter tool machines
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    THREE- make that FOUR now - fiber lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter
    CASmate, Corel, Gravostyle