Thread: iPod Touch problem

iPod Touch problem

I have an ipod touch and the display has gone alittle wonky. After trying to replace the plastic film screen protector with a new one the display looks to have streaks in it. Not sure what even caused this as I was careful in removing the old one and careful in applying the new one. Would anyone know why the display has streaks?

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Wintle View Post
    I have an ipod touch and the display has gone alittle wonky. After trying to replace the plastic film screen protector with a new one the display looks to have streaks in it. Not sure what even caused this as I was careful in removing the old one and careful in applying the new one. Would anyone know why the display has streaks?
    Ok so i found out that i need to send it for repair to apple or just leave it and live with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Wintle View Post
    Ok so i found out that i need to send it for repair to apple or just leave it and live with it.
    There are still independent folks that do Apple repairs like this, so before sending it in, you might check with them, so you can make a decision whether you want to invest in the repair. Given the age of the device and the fact that it still works as intended, even with the unsightly screen, I'd probably not spend the money myself.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Chuck, I’ don’t know what Apple will charge for the repair but I bet it won’t be cheap. I recently bought a 3rd Gen iPod Touch 64gb off of eBay for $103 delivered. It was in near new condition. (much better cond. than the one it replaced).

Just another option to consider.
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney