Thread: Wynn flex hose - does it fit over S&D PVC pipe?

Wynn flex hose - does it fit over S&D PVC pipe?

I’m completely re-doing my dust collection system with 6” sewer and drain, ClearVue blast gates, and will need some 6” and 4” flex hose for drops to machines.

The price of the Wynn “PVC25” 25 mil flex hose is attractive, and I need to order a couple of 35A canister filters from them anyway.

Does anyone know what the ID of the flex hose is?

6” sewer and drain PVC pipe has an OD of 6 1/4” and apparently the ClearVue blastgates are made specifically for this thickness of PVC pipe, but am wondering if the flex hose will slip fit over the pipe or if I need some type of adapter.

Thanks in advance.
    Still waters run deep.

Haven't used that particular flex hose, but every brand I've used, whether 4 or 6, will not slip over S&D pipe. I make adapters by cutting a 4 or 5" long piece of pipe and cutting enough of a slice out of it so it will just slip into the pipe with the cut edges closed up tight. Then I just wrap the exposed stub with foil tape. Now the hose will slide right on the stub.
    --I had my patience tested. I'm negative--

A S&D coupling will thread onto the outside of the Wynn hose if you cut some threads on the inside of the coupling. It's a bit of a tedious job. I've done a total of two of them. If I had to do more I'd spend some time building a jig.

If you decide to try this be sure to check the thread direction. Several times. Especially before you start cutting. DAMHIKT
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Beranek's Law:

It has been remarked that if one selects his own components, builds his own enclosure, and is convinced he has made a wise choice of design, then his own loudspeaker sounds better to him than does anyone else's loudspeaker. In this case, the frequency response of the loudspeaker seems to play only a minor part in forming a person's opinion.
    L.L. Beranek, Acoustics (McGraw-Hill, New York, 1954), p.208.

Quote Originally Posted by David L Morse View Post
    A S&D coupling will thread onto the outside of the Wynn hose if you cut some threads on the inside of the coupling. It's a bit of a tedious job. I've done a total of two of them. If I had to do more I'd spend some time building a jig.

If you decide to try this be sure to check the thread direction. Several times. Especially before you start cutting. DAMHIKT
    That's clever David. I was more crude, just twisted the coupling over the hose and slathered some silicone sealant in the coupling before beginning which probably helped the hose slide in the coupling and sealing air leaks. It's been together for a few years now.

6” hose (or 4”) does for over S&D pipe. It doesn’t just slip on though, you need to usually cut the first wire and work it over the pipe. It’s not easy but it works, and it fits so tight you don’t need a hose clamp!