Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Show the clocks you’ve made

clock-1.jpg
    1840 Shaker Clock. Cherry. Mechanical movement. The cherry has aged well since the pic. was taken. My wife, Susan and I made 7 of these. We don't plan on making another one.

Scrap wood clocks. Very simple, and desperately needed for the kitchen and my office! I think it was like $12 for the pair of clock motors and arms.
    clocik-1.jpgclock-2.jpgclock-3.jpgclock-4.jpg

Wow, thanks all for sharing. Great collection of clocks. I need to get busy.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Brese View Post
    This is a pine version of the walnut clock I posted in the cut nail thread. Obviously shaker influenced. The finishing schedule on this one was fairly involved. Custom dial face, antique glass, and natural backboards.

Ron

Nice work! Love the walnut one too! What was the finish on the walnut?

I believe I used a medium brown stain and garnet shellac for the top coat on the walnut clock.

Ron

Very nice clocks from all of you and thanks for sharing. No, I have not searched at all, but can anyone provide generally accepted preferred clock works vendors?
    David

Quote Originally Posted by David Eisenhauer View Post
    Very nice clocks from all of you and thanks for sharing. No, I have not searched at all, but can anyone provide generally accepted preferred clock works vendors?

For the few clocks I've made I bought everything from Clockworks. They are very approachable and helpful.
    Stand for something, or you'll fall for anything.

One for each child and a few others for presents. First one maybe 15 years ago and last this past winter.

Thanks Bill. I need to look into this.
    David

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Carey View Post
    For the few clocks I've made I bought everything from Clockworks. They are very approachable and helpful.

Thanks Bill, I now have them in my bookmarks.

ken

Oh lord... now I just found myself reading for an hour about mechanical clock works... I think I found a new rabbit hole.

Quote Originally Posted by Erich Weidner View Post
    Oh lord... now I just found myself reading for an hour about mechanical clock works... I think I found a new rabbit hole.
    LOL. I suffered the same fate Erich. Still have a box of parts I never used. Not enough to build with, just enough to remind me how little I know about clocks.
    Stand for something, or you'll fall for anything.