Thread: Millers Falls #2. Mine! :)

Millers Falls #2. Mine! :)

I had vague recollections of an egg beater drill hanging in my grandfather's shed. (He did some wood working/carving I'm told, but passed when I was 5 and my only memories are of him bed ridden).
    Honestly, I don't know how tools survive here in PA (70% humidity is normal in my home town). But here it is. Mom hunted it down in the garage after I started asking about Grandfather's old hand tools.
    In Austin, TX my tools seem to rust if I look at them funny. And my garage is insulated...

Anyway, I'll be taking this and a few other finds home with me on my return to Texas next week.

2020-09-27 17.31.38.jpg 2020-09-27 17.31.31.jpg From what I've found on oldtoolhaven it looks like it is of 1938-1957 vintage, and is an "A" not A2, etc. Spins freely. Will restore it when I get home.

2020-09-27 17.34.26.jpg 2020-09-27 17.31.52.jpg A 2' rule. It needs some TLC, can't identify brand or anything at the moment.

I have the MF's No. 2-01.....BIG eggbeater.

Always special when you get a tool handed down. Looks to be in great shape. Hopefully, just a little clean up and you’ll have a fine working drill. I know you’ll enjoy using it.

Kind of crowded in the door....there is a M-F No. 2-01 hanging there...
    Bench clean up, right door details.JPG
    Another 4 eggbeaters are hanging with the braces.
    Bench clean up, full racks.JPG
    I think I might just have enough drills?

Erich,

I have a tiny number of tools that were my grandfathers, and also a few that were my dads. The family connection is something that cannot be replaced. I hope that someday at least one of my grandsons will grow up to be using tools that have been used by 3 to 5 generations of our family, and that they will appreciate the family connection. I know I think about it when I use one of my grandfather's planes or my dad's planes.

Congrats on having those tools, I hope the restoration goes well, and that you get to really enjoy using them.

Stew