Thread: Woodworking Equipment in Warehouse

Woodworking Equipment in Warehouse

I was in a warehouse this morning that an acquaintance acquired. It is full of millwork equipment! Lots of junk, but also some "old iron" table saws. Big wide belt sander, 20" Powermatic Bandsaw, Grizzly Sliding Table saw, SCM and Brandt Edgebanders blah, blah, blah. It is like someone just walked away. There are half finished projects and all the old financial records etc.

There was a Fay & Egan Lightning 575 which I had never seen. I'm not sure I understand the Dual Arbor arrangement.
    Fay.jpg

I did buy some laminate and lots of drawer slides, but don't really have a place for any of the equipment. Looks like they'll have lots of work ahead of them to get rid of all the stuff. It was still a fun morning.

I wish my morning was like that!

Dual arbor table saws like that allow for easy blade “changing”, meaning turn a handwheel and you’ve got a rip blade and turn some more and a crosscut blade comes up.

That would be cool. I'm not a fan of changing blades frequently, but still do to facilitate quality cuts. Too bad my workshop isn't about 3X the size, then I could haul it all home.

Probably a sad story that goes with the closed shop, but what a cool find! I'd love to have one of those old saws.