Thread: A "Y" connector for Delta bandsaw light?

A "Y" connector for Delta bandsaw light?

My Delta 28-206, 28-276 band saw is working okay now, thank to many on here. So I'm keeping it but wish I had a light on it. There are a lot of magnetic lights but all have a separate power cord.
    I am curious if anybody is aware of a "Y" connector that would split the power so the light and motor could receive power from one source. The band saw has a power cord that has an end on which the motor plugs into. Does somebody make a connector that would let you unplug the motor, plug in the Y connector and then power the motor and the light?

I hope that's clear.

If it's the same as my Jet then this should work. Of course your light will only be on when the motor is running.
    Beranek's Law:

It has been remarked that if one selects his own components, builds his own enclosure, and is convinced he has made a wise choice of design, then his own loudspeaker sounds better to him than does anyone else's loudspeaker. In this case, the frequency response of the loudspeaker seems to play only a minor part in forming a person's opinion.
    L.L. Beranek, Acoustics (McGraw-Hill, New York, 1954), p.208.

Unlikely to be an issue with a small saw like that to have both the motor and a lamp running off the same circuit, especially with modern LED lamps.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Agreed. My issue would be not being able to use the light unless the motor were running.
    Beranek's Law:

It has been remarked that if one selects his own components, builds his own enclosure, and is convinced he has made a wise choice of design, then his own loudspeaker sounds better to him than does anyone else's loudspeaker. In this case, the frequency response of the loudspeaker seems to play only a minor part in forming a person's opinion.
    L.L. Beranek, Acoustics (McGraw-Hill, New York, 1954), p.208.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay Jones View Post
    My Delta 28-206, 28-276 band saw is working okay now, thank to many on here. So I'm keeping it but wish I had a light on it. There are a lot of magnetic lights but all have a separate power cord.
    I am curious if anybody is aware of a "Y" connector that would split the power so the light and motor could receive power from one source. The band saw has a power cord that has an end on which the motor plugs into. Does somebody make a connector that would let you unplug the motor, plug in the Y connector and then power the motor and the light?

I hope that's clear.
    I like a LOT of light at the bandsaw. When I built the shop I wired a quad outlet to a switch so I can plug in multiple lights and turn them on with one switch. I have one mounted to light from the left, one from the right, and one with a long flexible gooseneck on a big magnet base that basically brings bright light from over my left shoulder.

If I couldn't add a circuit and switch and outlets just for the light and had only one 110v receptacle I'd probably use one of those outlet strips and plug everything into that. I do want my lights on even when the bandsaw is not running.

JKJ

I re-wired my bandsaw to bring the power through a duplex outlet mounted to the base. That gives me two outlets on the saw to plug in lights when I need them. Magnetic base gooseneck LED works great.

Is this what you're looking for?

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01GSH6SSQ...xpY2s9dHJ1ZQ==

Derek