Thread: Whitehill profile knives

Whitehill profile knives

Driven largely by advice here, I purchased a used KF700S slider/shaper a few months ago, and sold my Atlas table saw and Delta HD shaper = time for new tooling.

Largely on advice here, I purchased a Whitehill combi head along with 2 profiles, expecting to used the "kitchen door" one (1265) for a current project. But -- it turns out to be too large: it would fit 7/8 material fairly well but not 3/4, or even the 20mm that I set the planer for (3/4 in = 19mm). Looking on their catalog, I can find very few choices for cope and stick profiles: nothing that will do.

Questions:
    1. In case I'm looking wrong, is there a different British term for "cope and stick"?
    2. Anywhere else to find knives that fit?

The machine came with both a 1.25 and a 30mm spindle, so I can always look for a used 1.25 tooling, but it's a shame leave this nice head hanging on the wall.

Terry

Hi Terry, 19mm is a pretty thin door, but Whitehill could easily make you a set that employed either a thinner tongue/groove or a smaller 4mm section that would give you the clearance. The terminology in UK is typically scribe and mould for cope and stick. The web page includes measurements for the profiles so you should be able to assess the compatability with respect to your stock thickness.

B