Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My shop is haunted (not joking)

Blog Entries

My shop is haunted (not joking)

As you may remember, some friends and I formed a co-op, combined our tools, and leased a workshop. The other day, one of the individuals said she saw what she thought was me, walk in, wearing a yellow shirt, and she said I walked over to my bench. She waited, figuring I was getting something and would say hi. She said I started to walk out, and she said hello, and The figure disappeared. Another person has seen the same apparition more than once, always walking towards my bench or the bandsaw, which is right by my bench.

Well, that reminded me of the time that I was at the shop and I thought Eddie (adjacent shop, but has a door to pass through to use our bathroom) walked to the bathroom (adjacent to my workbench) but nobody was there. I was certain someone had walked past me to the bathroom. There is no way out that way, so nobody could have just been passing through. There is a window with welded metal bars which are also covered in chicken wire to keep out the cats.

Mark and Segrid both said they hear footsteps coming up the steps, but nobody is there. I have heard the same thing, looking up to see who is there, but there is nobody. I always figure someone is in the sail loft directly above us, and pay it no mind. Mark and Segrid are convinced it is the ghost.

Mark says that Bella, the shop dog, sometimes stares at the wall with her ears perked up, as if she is talking to someone. This one I could easily write off to lizards, roaches, or other things she may see or hear.

Vince hasn’t ever seen it, but wants to charge it rent if we do find it. ;-)

The shop does rest on the ruins of an old plantation, likely from the late 1700’s. Who knows- maybe one of the former residents never left. Whatever the case, I may quit going to the shop late at night. One thing this would explain is the tape measures, pencils, and 10mm sockets that constantly go missing! (Haha) By the way, none of my shop partners drink alcohol or smoke any funny stuff. I am the only one who drinks, and that is the occasional glass of wine with dinner or a beer now and then. A six pack of beer would last me a month, and a bottle of wine covers three or four meals. Alcohol is not a factor here.

It's just one of the previous tenants, looking for that misplaced hammer.

Jumbies never carry a toolbox, neither.

Next time you go to the shop, you should wear a yellow shirt just to fit in...
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Blog Entries
    I never really gave any thought to the paranormal growing up..

back when was a high school teacher, the head of the school library was just a dreadful person. The other librarians hated her and tried to keep their distance. One day, I walked into the library and before anyone said any thing, I asked,”Where’s Phyllis?” The room seemed brighter and more at ease. She was out that day. Auras??

I’m convinced there is a whole lot more to be learned about this world, especially how humans or at least some of us are born with intelligence that can’t even be learned in modern universities.

I can't say ghosts do or do not exist, but I am open to the possibilities.

My amazing grandfather passed away when I was 9 years old. He was a gifted woodworker and boat builder and invented many items due to necessity. While the family was gathered to sort through the outbuildings, my grandmother sent me out to get the mail. On the long walk back to the house, I saw a woman sitting in the driver's seat of one of the vehicles and we made eye contact. As I walked closer to the vehicle, she disappeared. I must have told my grandmother about the sighting because I remember her asking a lot of questions about what this woman was wearing and what she looked like. I apparently described my grandfather's mother even though I had never seen a photo of her before. What's weird is 40 years later, I can still remember what that woman looked like and what she was wearing yet I wouldn't be able to tell you any other memories from that day.
    I read recipes the same way I read science fiction. I get to the end and I think, "Well, that’s not going to happen."

Anyone have a negative blood type? Only about 15 percent of the world population has RH negative blood. Strange occurrences happen to these people more than others.

Quote Originally Posted by Malcolm Schweizer View Post
    The other day, one of the individuals said she saw what she thought was me, walk in, wearing a yellow shirt, and she said I walked over to my bench. She waited, figuring I was getting something and would say hi. She said I started to walk out, and she said hello, and The figure disappeared. Another person has seen the same apparition more than once, always walking towards my bench or the bandsaw, which is right by my bench.
    Has anyone verified that you are in fact still alive?
    Yoga class makes me feel like a total stud, mostly because I'm about as flexible as a 2x4.
    "Design"? Possibly. "Intelligent"? Sure doesn't look like it from this angle.
    We used to be hunter gatherers. Now we're shopper borrowers.
    The three most important words in the English language: "Front Towards Enemy".
    The world makes a lot more sense when you remember that Butthead was the smart one.
    You can never be too rich, too thin, or have too much ammo.

My sister talks to ghosts all the time, I have no reason not to believe her, she's not crazy. The 'paranormal' is normal to her...

That said, waaayyy back in the early 80's ex#2 and I came home from bowling or dinner or something. We went upstairs to the bedroom, opened the door, and much to our surprise, the glider rocker against the wall to the left of us, about 8' away, was rocking. No one was in it, all windows were closed, there was no ceiling fan, no furnace or AC was causing any air moving, no earthquake at the time. The door opening was the only anomaly. There was no earthly reason for that chair to be rocking, but it was. It stopped rocking a few seconds later. THAT was pretty weird.
    ========================================
    ELEVEN - rotary cutter tool machines
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    THREE- make that FOUR now - fiber lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter
    CASmate, Corel, Gravostyle

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bruce King View Post
    Anyone have a negative blood type? Only about 15 percent of the world population has RH negative blood. Strange occurrences happen to these people more than others.
    My wife laughed when asked about this. She is AB positive. She is also receptive of the paranormal or psychic.

jtk
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)

The latest issue of Popular Science has an interesting article on why we see ghosts.
    Assumption is the mother of all screw ups
    Anonyms

I've lived in a home with "something". Actually, it was an older couple and I only ever saw them on the 2nd floor or going up the stairs to the attic. Did they scare me, no. Did strange things happen, yes. I absolutely could not keep the one bedroom door open no matter what. Even with a heavy door stop in front of it, I'd come up stairs to fine the door stop moved and the door closed. My boyfriend at the time did not know about them, but often commented on a "prickly" feeling when going up the steps. Of course, I also have a vague memory of some other time that I must of been on earth as a child. I can vividly describe a room and another child frm a different era.

120 year old house that we renovated which was a crack house in the early 1980s where at least one person was shot and killed. Indeed the splatter of blood was still on the wall when we bought it. We bought it ridiculously cheap.

Fast forward 5 years. A wall paper hanger called me downstairs to consult on whether we wanted a bathroom painted or wallpapered, and left the butler's panty where she was working to show me the bathroom area, about 3 rooms away. We discussed the matter, and she returned to the pantry

I heard a scream, and ran down and she was stammering. Someone had picked up some blue painters tape and stretched a length of tap across the doorway to the pantry and one of her tools, a squeegie type thing was missing. She was shaking and had to leave and did not return. I had to finish the job.

Ghost?
    Regards,

Tom

I am the only one who drinks, and that is the occasional glass of wine with dinner or a beer now and then. A six pack of beer would last me a month, and a bottle of wine covers three or four meals. Alcohol is not a factor here.
    I think we have identified the problem

Get a trail cam and see if you can capture it on video. While you may not get rich there's enough of the ghost TV shows that one should be interested. If nothing else teach it how to stand on the back side of the tablesaw to catch boards being ripped.