Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My shop is haunted (not joking)

I worked on a new house and was installing trim in a bedroom when i heard someone come in and walk down the hallway looked out and nobody there. The plumber was hooking up some stuff and he heard someone walking around but no one was there either. the electrician and his girl friend heard some one in it also then the next day the painter was out side painting and heard noises in the house and mentioned it to our boss the owner of the company when he said the guy that was having the house built for had a heart attack in the living room and died in the hallway that we all heard the noises in. I also had an experience in a store I was setting up where I saw a ball of light shoot across the back of the store. I had did a new store for them at the other end of the center and the people that worked in the store also say they say strange things and where happy to be moving
    Last edited by Jerome Stanek; 03-11-2021 at 9:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Malcolm Schweizer View Post
    As you may remember, some friends and I formed a co-op, combined our tools, and leased a workshop. The other day, one of the individuals said she saw what she thought was me, walk in, wearing a yellow shirt, and she said I walked over to my bench. She waited, figuring I was getting something and would say hi. She said I started to walk out, and she said hello, and The figure disappeared. Another person has seen the same apparition more than once, always walking towards my bench or the bandsaw, which is right by my bench.

Well, that reminded me of the time that I was at the shop and I thought Eddie (adjacent shop, but has a door to pass through to use our bathroom) walked to the bathroom (adjacent to my workbench) but nobody was there. I was certain someone had walked past me to the bathroom. There is no way out that way, so nobody could have just been passing through. There is a window with welded metal bars which are also covered in chicken wire to keep out the cats.

Mark and Segrid both said they hear footsteps coming up the steps, but nobody is there. I have heard the same thing, looking up to see who is there, but there is nobody. I always figure someone is in the sail loft directly above us, and pay it no mind. Mark and Segrid are convinced it is the ghost.

Mark says that Bella, the shop dog, sometimes stares at the wall with her ears perked up, as if she is talking to someone. This one I could easily write off to lizards, roaches, or other things she may see or hear.

Vince hasn’t ever seen it, but wants to charge it rent if we do find it. ;-)

The shop does rest on the ruins of an old plantation, likely from the late 1700’s. Who knows- maybe one of the former residents never left. Whatever the case, I may quit going to the shop late at night. One thing this would explain is the tape measures, pencils, and 10mm sockets that constantly go missing! (Haha) By the way, none of my shop partners drink alcohol or smoke any funny stuff. I am the only one who drinks, and that is the occasional glass of wine with dinner or a beer now and then. A six pack of beer would last me a month, and a bottle of wine covers three or four meals. Alcohol is not a factor here.
    Do you ever try contact him/her or they ever trying to speak you? maybe they trying to tell you something.

When I sit in my chair at night watching a movie or doing leather work I sometimes feel something rub up against my leg. I think its the cat but then I look over and the cats across the room sound asleep in her bed. This happens quite often. I'm convinced theres something there
    If the Help and advice you received here was of any VALUE to you PLEASE! Become a Contributor
    Rabbit RL_XX_6040-60 watt Laser engraving/cutting machine Oh wait its a 3D Printer my bad LOL
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    8" bench mount 5 speed Drill Press
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Helen Johnson View Post
    Do you ever try contact him/her or they ever trying to speak you? maybe they trying to tell you something.
    Heck, no! You’re not supposed to play with dead things.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bert Kemp View Post
    When I sit in my chair at night watching a movie or doing leather work I sometimes feel something rub up against my leg. I think its the cat but then I look over and the cats across the room sound asleep in her bed. This happens quite often. I'm convinced theres something there
    We have had lots of cats over the years and some seem to come back for a visit once in a while.

jtk
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)

It’s only recently that we’ve been at the top of the food chain. The subconscious prey instinct is very persistent, and drives a lot of this.

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce King View Post
    Anyone have a negative blood type? Only about 15 percent of the world population has RH negative blood. Strange occurrences happen to these people more than others.

My wife has Rh- blood type, and she has had too many unusual things happen to her in her life.
    The world around us is filled with many things that we do not understand. And many things some do understand.

I saw an alien once.
    The Plane Anarchist

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce King View Post
    Anyone have a negative blood type? Only about 15 percent of the world population has RH negative blood. Strange occurrences happen to these people more than others.
    That may explain some things. I'm O negative.

I think I saw an angel once. My brother-in-law was with me in a bookstore when (she?) walked up and asked him a question. Ignored me completely even when I spoke. He had recently lost his wife to cancer (my sister) and was almost suicidally depressed - what she asked was perfect, turned him around instantly and completely. She turned to walk away, we looked at each other and when we turned back she was gone! Very tall, I'd say regal, we could not have just missed spotting her in the store and she couldn't have made it to the door. Something I'll never forget.

If I ever get to visit Malcolm I want to spend the night in his shop!

Back in my exceedingly wild and crazy days, 5 of use young men rented an old farmhouse. As I was a part-timer, and needed only a bed I ended up with a side room. I’d awaken in the night and hear a baby crying. Morning, “where did the baby come from?” Many laughs all around, as if a baby would be in this house. As time went on others also heard the baby. Many think these things are ridiculous and then perhaps you are in that space

Quote Originally Posted by Malcolm Schweizer View Post
    Heck, no! You’re not supposed to play with dead things.
    That's what I told the kids at supper time.