My Oneida Dust Cobra is installed in the basement outside the shop. This works out great except when it's time to empty the 17 gallon bin. But it's workable with a couple of adaptations. Here's the bin.

DC Drum.jpg

It's on a piece of foam to protect it from any water that might get on the floor and so it won't get scratched (which could lead to rust) and to keep the floor clean.

You can see the vacuum hose which sucks the air from between the drum and the bag (inflates the bag).

Unfortunately the collector must be lifted to empty the drum, so I made this rig. Lift, hook chain shorter, slide drum out. The PVC is flexible enough to allow a few inches of lift.

DC Lift h.jpg

Since the dust is in a bag it is possible to close it, pull it and take it outside and dump into a leaf collection bag without making a mess in the house.

I didn't like the effectiveness of the bag inflater so now I pre-form it like this. A little clunky but workable. I'll likely make a better adapter.

DC Bag Forming.jpg

Here's how it looks inside the shop.

DC Hose h.jpg

That's a 2" id x 25' hose hanging on a flower pot (tree pot actually) and you can see the remote there too. It reaches all the machines in my shop. It's more than a shop vac but still comes up a little short on volume so a respirator is still needed sometimes.

The hose can be moved to other connection points for use as a central vac in the basement.