Thread: Need help finding parts for a Griggio SC3200b slider

Need help finding parts for a Griggio SC3200b slider

So our recent purchase of a used Griggio 3200b sliding table saw hasn’t gone so well. We had an independent technician come out and set it up yesterday and his advice was to replace the worm gear and shaft that controls the tilt as it seems to not work past a certain point and can only be at 90 degrees with someone holding the motor carriage up to that point. For now we have a bottle jack under it holding it up at 90. We also need to replace the rollers and maybe the arbor bearings at some point.

With that said, I can not find any contact info for Griggio. Does any one know where to find parts for a 3200b slider? I know that a lot of companies used this design I am just not sure what other manufactures and compatible and was hoping you guys could help me figure this out. For now, I would be happy just to get the worm gear and shaft replaced. Also, does anyone know if the worm gear is replaceable without pulling the top? Where could I find a replacement worm gear and shaft?

Atlantic Machinery used to sell Griggio. http://www.atlanticmach.com/replacements.php

Unfortunately Griggio S.P.A. is no longer in operation but I'm pretty sure the Holz-Her 1243 was a re-badged SC 3200 if that helps.

Many of that saw out there.

What Peter said. ^^^^ Griggio has kind of been "the" OEM'er for a bunch of other European vendors over the years. To the OP, since I recall you saying you're only going to cut at 90 anyhow, not ideal but could you live with the saw the way it is? I'm assuming you got it for a steal in the first place. Just thinking out loud.

Erik
    Ex-SCM and Felder rep

Manual for the aforementioned Holz-Her 1243: http://amcmachineryparts.com/uploads..._Breakdown.pdf

Parts diagram towards end of document.