Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Tell me about Natural Gas and new furnace

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Becker View Post
    Mine is close to the house...it's about a foot and a half from the wall on the 250 year old stone portion of our home. It was installed after a permit was pulled and the location approved by the township. The required electrical inspection was also completed to close out the permit with the township. It sounds like you also had a permit, so I would say that your friend is, um...mistaken.
    Mine is in front of the gas and electrical meters so more clearance is required. He was claiming the generator is too close to meter. As I said I checked the code and it passed inspection although inspectors have been known to pass stuff that is a clear violation.

My gas company sent me a letter and said their remote reading smart meter had to have the bush pruned away from it so there was something like 24" in front and to the sides.
    Bil lD

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Dufour View Post
    My gas company sent me a letter and said their remote reading smart meter had to have the bush pruned away from it so there was something like 24" in front and to the sides.
    Bil lD
    They still spot check them from time to time so they need clear access/view of the meters to do that.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...