Thread: Clear Plastic

Clear Plastic

I lost the cursor for my Unifence. It is an older, 1988, model Delta Unisaw. I am unable to find 1/8th inch plastic that is ridged enough locally. There are so many different types of plastic I am afraid to order online without prior knowledge of suitability. The old style cursor is no longer available. Please advise.

Thank you.
    Last edited by Lee Schierer; 09-25-2020 at 8:59 PM. Reason: fixed title

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Thompson View Post
    I lost the cursor for my Unifence. It is an older, 1988, model Delta Unisaw. I am unable to find 1/8th inch plastic that is ridged enough locally. There are so many different types of plastic I am afraid to order online without prior knowledge of suitability. The old style cursor is no longer available. Please advise.

Thank you.
    I think mine is made from Lexan (polycarbonate) which isn't brittle like plexiglas acrylic you might buy at Home Depot. I generally buy metals and plastics from Online Metals since they are reliable.
    https://www.onlinemetals.com/en/buy/...clear/pid/7456
    That size is quite inexpensive.

JKJ

Google says there are 2 plastic fabricators in Jacksonville. Or $13 on Amazon. https://www.amazon.com/Source-Thick-...966937&sr=8-16
    Last edited by Richard Coers; 09-24-2020 at 1:04 PM.

Jerry, maybe I can help. I have plenty of clear acrylic in my sign shop, send me a sketch I might be able to cut it and engrave the cursor for you.

Thanks Keith. I have already ordered some.