Thread: Bessy Clamps at Home Depot

Bessy Clamps at Home Depot

Hello,

Anyone have any experience with these Bessy Clutch Clamps? GSCC2.506 and GSCC2.512. They are at HD for $25 for a 4 pack, 2 6 inch and 2 12 inch.
    Seems very affordable for my type of use, sadly that is what worries me.

Thanks.

Larry Cronin

I have a bunch of them, good for light duty clamping.

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Cronin View Post
    Hello,

Anyone have any experience with these Bessy Clutch Clamps? GSCC2.506 and GSCC2.512. They are at HD for $25 for a 4 pack, 2 6 inch and 2 12 inch.
    Seems very affordable for my type of use, sadly that is what worries me.

Thanks.

Larry Cronin

I bought 2 packs a few years ago when they were $17-$18. I use them all the time for small projects. No complaints.

They just had a sale on them a couple weeks ago. They were $15 for the same set. I think I bought 5 sets

Thanks for replies.

I missed that sale. In my next life I am going to pay more attention.

Larry

Quote Originally Posted by Micah Puscheck View Post
    They just had a sale on them a couple weeks ago. They were $15 for the same set. I think I bought 5 sets
    GASP!!!! I missed that sale too. And I go there all the time. At that price at least 1 of them would have jumped off the rack and fell in my wagon by accident.
    As far as the clamps, no complaints. And personally, I don't think you can have too many clamps.

They're much, much better than my Harbor Freight ones.
    I have multiple sets and use them often.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle Iwamoto View Post
    GASP!!!! I missed that sale too. And I go there all the time. At that price at least 1 of them would have jumped off the rack and fell in my wagon by accident.
    As far as the clamps, no complaints. And personally, I don't think you can have too many clamps.
    I think it was an online only sale to encourage that kind of thing, so you probably didn't actually miss it in the aisle. I don't know if that helps you feel any better or not

I got in on the sale a few weeks ago. I was in store and asked them nicely if they would honor the online price and they did.
    They were marked $24 in the aisle. I purchased them for $14 I think. I like them.

My local HD had a full inventory of pretty much every size Bessey clamp on their shelves last weekend.

Erik
    Ex-SCM and Felder rep

We have several similar clamps, mostly bought at Home Depot in that 20-25 range.

As stated above, they are light duty, but how often do you need a heavy duty clamp in the 6-12" range?

I probably have about 50 or so of each and none of them have had any issues.

I've been quite disappointed with their quality. I've had two of them, out of eight that I purchased from Home Depot on a similar sale a year or two ago, have the jaws continually skip open when tightening the clamp down. Bessey replaced one of them. I've not contacted them about the second one yet.

Frankly, I've gotten more reliable quality out of the Harbor Freight clamps I've bought. Their bars aren't as strong but I've not seen a downside to the longer ones bowing a bit under tension.

Other Bessey clamps have performed much better. I love the K Body REVO clamps.

I bought one set of 4, I think they were at the sale price. They are at least as good as my Irwin quick clamps and much better than my HF quick clamps. I like HF C clamps and other steel and aluminum clamps but I find their quick clamps to be near useless. Mine literally fell apart. They never clamped anything well. These Bessey quick clamps are fine. The handles could be a bit bigger but they work.