Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Replacing a SCMS

When I saw this post, I considered buying a Makita LS 1219. It has a big dust collection port in line with the dust spray. Getting the pivot works off to the side in favor of room for dust collection looks great.

The motor break failure may be dust on the contacts. It may be something else, too.

I have a Makita saw that stopped working in the warranty period. I blew it out, and brought it to the Experts. It had needed to be blown out.

Quote Originally Posted by Julie Moriarty View Post
    I'm not so delighted with the miter saw anymore. The blade brake is already failing.

Sent an email to Acme.
    That's not supposed to happen. I bet it is filth in the switch, but that is not something that you should have to deal with especially on a new saw. My old 1013 did it when it was a few years old, I took the switch apart and blew it out, has worked perfectly ever since.

Quote Originally Posted by William Hodge View Post
    When I saw this post, I considered buying a Makita LS 1219. It has a big dust collection port in line with the dust spray. Getting the pivot works off to the side in favor of room for dust collection looks great.

The motor break failure may be dust on the contacts. It may be something else, too.

I have a Makita saw that stopped working in the warranty period. I blew it out, and brought it to the Experts. It had needed to be blown out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Rozmiarek View Post
    That's not supposed to happen. I bet it is filth in the switch, but that is not something that you should have to deal with especially on a new saw. My old 1013 did it when it was a few years old, I took the switch apart and blew it out, has worked perfectly ever since.
    I received a reply from Acme this morning. They are sending a new saw out immediately. Along with it will be instructions and paid shipping for returning the defective saw.

As for dirt or dust so quickly causing this problem, I agree this should have never happened in such a short time. I ran that Bosch for close to 15 years before the blade brake started to fail. If Acme had given me the choice, I would have asked for the Bosch 12".

Fingers crossed this isn't an ongoing problem.
    “Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness..." - Mark Twain