Thread: Kreg tools has great customer service

Kreg tools has great customer service

A big shout out to Kreg tools for their great customer service. My K5 pocket screw jig developed a problem with the Clamping system. I’m out of warranty, so I called them and ask if they would sell me the small metal part needed to fix the clamp. The sent me an entire replacement clamp assembly for free. That’s great customer service.

Blog Entries
    I have also had stellar service from Kreg. Had an old unit that I didn't know was defective till I bought a second one (index marks were missing???). Dropped Kreg a courtesy email just to make them aware of the anomaly. They sent me a new unit.
    "A hen is only an egg's way of making another egg".

– Samuel Butler

Years ago I bought the K-3 system. I did not get the vise/clamp upgrade kit.
    When I went to purchase it, it was discontinued.
    I called Kreg and asked if I could buy just the upgrade kit.
    I was asked to give my mailing address. One week later I received an entire clamp, vise setup, free.
    I immediately called to thank them for it. I was not asking for something free.
    The customer service person actually thanked me for thanking him. I was puzzled. So I asked why?
    He explained that hardly no-one calls him back when he does things like this.
    I was shocked how disrespectful and unappreciative people can be.
    Excellent customer service!!!

This is a great thread.

Attentive customer service - what a concept!

Certainly stands out when so many companies seem to focus on sales prevention...
    Howard Rosenberg

That’s been my experience as well. Had an issue with a mini-Kreg jig I bought at a big box store in a pinch. E-mailed Kreg with a picture and they sent me an entire new kit, no questions asked. Increasingly rare in this day and age.
    There is a very fine line between “hobby” and “mental illness.” - Dave Barry

Craig Summerfield, and now Todd Summerfield are CLASS ACTS when it comes to CS.

I second that. had a little piece missing from the clamp on my professional router table fence. called them and a few days later they sent me the six pieces that make up the set for the fence at no cost, so I have five extra. can't thank them enough.

Totally agree. I bought a used foreman and it was missing the rubber feet. They happily sent me new ones.

I've had similar experiences with Kreg, and found their customer service to be tops. My first Kreg tool was the
    original aluminum pocket hole jig, which I have since passed on to my son after acquiring their later editions.

I have had great luck with several Kreg products. The one time I have called them about a broken part, they had it to me within a few days. I have the electric Foreman machine which works great. I am keeping it and selling my Castle machine, since it is just taking up room.

This thread reminds me, that last week I had an automatic Kreg face frame clamp break something inside the mechanism, probably a spring. I will call and see if I can get the part. I prefer the original clamp that you adjust, since all the parts in a frame are thicknessed the same anyway, but the automatic ones are handy too.

The cat's meow though is the bench clamp that fits in the Kreg track, brackets, or bench dog hole. I love the base they sell to hold it on the bench. I have the parts to make my Kreg workbench, but haven't done it yet, although last week I simply drilled 1/2" holes in a sheet of melamine I use to make frames. Put on the bench clamp holder and it worked great. I especially like being able to clamp things one handed easily with this clamp. Gotta get my bench made.

I also have one of the original aluminum clamps, but when the K3 came out I grabbed it. Love not having to reach over the boards to clamp from behind. Ran over a thousand screw holes with the original aluminum one.

Gotta admit I love the $300 used Foreman I picked up. I leave it on a bench ready to go and just walk over and drill without any setup now. It is an extension to my RAS table. Rarely use the manual version now. I'm spoiled.
    Last edited by Rick Potter; 08-09-2021 at 2:49 AM.
    Rick Potter

DIY journeyman,
    FWW wannabe.
    AKA Village Idiot.