Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Frame and Panel Cabinet Build – Lots of Pics

OK, that was cool. Thanks for bringing us along for the ride!

Inspiring

Mike, Thanks for sharing the detailed step-by-step. It is an inspiration for this would-be neander, as it help to demystify the process. The result is beautiful.

Thanks Mike for sharing. Wonderful piece. The accent mahogany is a very nice touch. Too nice to live in the workshop. Will she be doing her flower arranging in the family room now?

Blog Entries
    Thanks guys for the feedback. I sometimes wonder if posting lots of pictures/descriptions might come across as self indulgent. Please know that’s absolutely not my intent. I’ve often had the experience reading Woodworking books/magazine articles where I can’t quite figure out how the author got from point A to point F. My intent is to hopefully illustrate the process because I know for me at least I find that helpful.

I’m interested in any suggestions from my fellow Neanders about latch hardware that works well on inset doors. I always struggle with this. When I look at all the adjustability that’s built into commercial grade hinges for overlapping kitchen cabinet doors (those things are adjustable eight ways from Sunday with screws), I think it would be great to have something similar (although hopefully on a smaller size) that would allow for that same adjustability to get a solid latch and also maintain the correct reveal. There is a invention idea for engineering minded neanders. Any and all help/suggestions are much appreciated!

Cheers, Mike

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim Best View Post
    Simply amazing work, Mike. I think “wow...just wow” has already been used so might I say...
    Absolument sensationnel et magnifique.
    Merci beaucoup Tim, vous κtes trop genti!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Charles View Post
    Mike, great project! Thanks for posting. I always pick up a good trick-this time it was drilling the bottom of bridle joints before sawing.

And I'm always impressed by how fast you turn out projects-at least that's how it seems from the outside

Best,
    Chris
    G
    Thanks Chris, good to hear from you I always enjoy your build threads!

I guess the only upside of home quarantine is lots of shop time!? Honestly wasn’t able to spend some of that time in the shop I’m pretty sure I would be even crazier than I am now. Don’t know how everyone else is managing endless hours at home. Funny how that idea seems really attractive pre Covid – I guess under the heading “be careful what you wish for“.

Cheers, Mike

I definitely appreciate all the pictures, including the process pictures. I often struggle to follow written descriptions of processes. Oh, and nice cabinet too!

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Allen1010 View Post
    I sometimes wonder if posting lots of pictures/descriptions
    I really enjoyed this, more as you keep working please!

I really enjoyed seeing how you built up molding. I have seen it done before but I have never given it a go; I don't even own the tools to do it.

Fun to see.