I picked up a Grizzly 2HP G1029 DC with the 6" inlet. I have an Oneida cyclone in boxes I picked up years ago, but have not figured out how to make the head height work yet. In the meantime, I have this to work with.

I am planning to rebuild the stand and mount to remove the 90 degree flex tubing. I am also planning to use the homemade trash can separator I built based on plans from SMC. These are the plans with the 90 elbow going into the top of the lid, the baffle in the middle similar to Thien baffle, and the outlet from the middle. I use it now with my 1HP and I like the hard bin and extra capacity.

So the questions are:

The G1029 has a 6" inlet that measures similar to sheetmetal duct 6". Does the sheetmetal duct actually match up ID for OD?

Has anyone built a trash can separator with 6" inlets and outlets? What did you use for the inlet elbow as I am at a loss to find a long radius sheetmetal elbow?

Or more exactly, if I use a 6" PVC elbow in the trashcan how do I transtion PVC to sheetmetal to connecto to the DC? PVC 6" measures 5/8" diameter larger than the sheetmetal.