Thread: Sawstop Router Insert and PC7539

Sawstop Router Insert and PC7539

I'm going to order the inline RT section today and plan on cutting the 52" rails down rather than buying the new 36" rails. I will have to modify the current rails to accommodate the insert. Has anyone done this? Comments/suggestions?

I am going to make the lower box for the DC connections. I need the box to have some body to it as my router lift for the 7539 is a crank handle from below so the bottom has to have some ridgidty. The PC goes full extension when you release the plunge handle so on my current router table, the Norm version, I have a fine threaded rod up through the bottom of the box. I reach in, pull the release and turn the crank handle from below to make the adjustment. Lock the plunge handle and I'm good to go.The only problem with that is I have to bend over or squat to do it, but it is not much of an issue, compared to the costs associated with router lifts.

I look forward to gaining some space by eliminating the Norm unit and shortening the table top. So far my biggest concern is where to put all the crap that currently finds the extension table top.

Sounds like a good plan. Be sure you have some air inlet to the collection box so that material is "swept" from the box and doesn't accumulate in areas away from where the DC inlet is.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...