Thread: I Have Dropped Several Work Pieces Beneath the Laser Cutting Table -- How to Recover?

I Have Dropped Several Work Pieces Beneath the Laser Cutting Table -- How to Recover?

Howdy, All:

I have a wonderful Epilog Zing laser cutter. In the process of cutting my materials, I have dropped three of them under the table. I cannot see them, and even with the table all the way up I cannot reach in far enough to touch them, let alone retrieve them. I assume there's some sort of trap door or removable panel to allow access. I can call Epilog, but I figured you folks would know.

Thank You!
    Scott

Never mind. I figured it out. I was able to get Epilog tech support on the phone in about three minutes and they walked me through it. I think I'll tag this thread and see if the mods what to remove it, but for those who may be interested, all the Epilog models EXCEPT the Zing series have a panel on the front that opens. However, the machine is light, so I was able to tip it back to front while my wife grabbed the work pieces.

I bought this unit used, but almost brand new, with maybe only 30 hours on it. I had heard about Epilog's legendary phone support, and they have been all of that. For that reason alone, when I go up in power (I really need 100 watts to do all the work in-house) I'll probably look at them again, or maybe Trotec.

Thanks, Folks,
    Scott