Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New plane

Just read the article and the planes are beautiful!

So, Rob, now that you have a spectacular infill plane on the way for your collection (I obviously spend too much money there...) when can we expect the new line of Veritas infill smoothers?
    Young enough to remember doing it;
    Old enough to wish I could do it again.

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron Rosenthal View Post
    So, Rob, now that you have a spectacular infill plane on the way for your collection (I obviously spend too much money there...) when can we expect the new line of Veritas infill smoothers?
    Hi Aaron,

We’ve designed infills already, but I don’t think we’ll ever make them...they really rely on a craftsperson to fit and assemble. It is likely that we’ll do something with wooden planes though....maybe hollows and rounds, snipes bills, and a few others.

The next planes coming are the return of the NX60, and a bevel-up #1 (Christmas).

We have a lot of exciting new items coming, or close. Staffing and capacity are still a challenge though, as we structure to keep our staff safe during the pandemic.

Cheers,

Rob

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Cohen View Post
    perhaps we may see some red handles appearing on Veritas Planes to commemorate Canada Day?
    Will any of those handles be shaped like a hockey stick?

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Lee View Post
    Hi Aaron,

We’ve designed infills already, but I don’t think we’ll ever make them...they really rely on a craftsperson to fit and assemble. It is likely that we’ll do something with wooden planes though....maybe hollows and rounds, snipes bills, and a few others.

The next planes coming are the return of the NX60, and a bevel-up #1 (Christmas).

We have a lot of exciting new items coming, or close. Staffing and capacity are still a challenge though, as we structure to keep our staff safe during the pandemic.

Cheers,

Rob
    OK! The thought of H & Rs from Veritas/LV has my mouth watering. Torrified maple?

Hi Aaron,

Cheers,

Rob

Oh no...... I waited and waited. Only have DX 60. Now a newer plane #1....... How to explain christmas presents........

Quote Originally Posted by john zulu View Post
    Oh no...... I waited and waited. Only have DX 60. Now a newer plane #1....... How to explain christmas presents........
    John -

That's easy..... just think of the money we're all saving by not travelling. Why - my insurance company just sent me a rebate check on auto insurance in recognition of reduced driving during the pandemic.....a whopping $13!

Cheers -

Rob

Rob, awesome looking planes... I am curious of your opinion when you use them...
    or will they just sit on your shelf?
    I can fully understand why you stay with your machined metal planes...
    they do the job so well, and yet remain cost competitive.
    The mastery of wood is one thing...
    but the mastery of wood and metal together is soooo artistic....
    I have seen the two combined in furniture as well, and its just as striking...

Gibsons British Columbia Canada ( near Vancouver )
    I have seen the planes Rob mentioned on Konrad's Instagram feed; his mastery is to die for. As a Canadian, a wonderful and fitting way to pay tribute to an iconic piece of Canadian history.
    I wondered where they would end up - Now I know where at least one will reside. Fitting, for another Canadian icon, Lee Valley.

Dave B

Quote Originally Posted by Will Blick View Post
    Rob, awesome looking planes... I am curious of your opinion when you use them...
    or will they just sit on your shelf?
    I can fully understand why you stay with your machined metal planes...
    they do the job so well, and yet remain cost competitive.
    The mastery of wood is one thing...
    but the mastery of wood and metal together is soooo artistic....
    I have seen the two combined in furniture as well, and its just as striking...
    Hi Will,

Yes, I’ll use it. I’ve decided that each grandchild will inherit one of Konrad’s planes when I’m gone. So far, I have three planes ( and 2.77 grandchildren ), so I’m a bit ahead. Konrad’s planes take longer than kids, so the order’s in for the next one already.....(plane, that is...).

Really, they are functional works of art.

Cheers,

Rob

Konrad’s planes take longer than kids, so the order’s in for the next one already.....(plane, that is...).
    Rob
    While most anyone can make a kid, it seems many think they're exceptionally clever for having done so.

All it takes is a few cold nights without hockey.

9 months after each All-star break, like clockwork...

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Matthews View Post
    While most anyone can make a kid, it seems many think they're exceptionally clever for having done so.

All it takes is a few cold nights without hockey.

9 months after each All-star break, like clockwork...
    As far as I know, no one’s ever made a plane by accident either.....

As far as I know, no one’s ever made a plane by accident either.....

We prefer "surprise plane" oh wait...
    ~mike

happy in my mud hut

Blog Entries
    Hi Aaron,

Cheers,

Rob
    Rob, I too am eagerly waiting with credit card in and for your hollows and rounds. It will be a tremendous experience to use a molding plane with a modern steel blade well fitted to the body – can't wait!

What it's worth, I put in my vote for a panel raising plane – maybe something with the curved blade profile? For me, frame and panel construction is a staple of my hand tool projects and being able to create raised panels, with unique curved profile with a hand plane would be awesome. I try couple shop built models with a zero success – tough to shape the blade to match his sole profile – too much grinding for me. Would love to see what you and your wizards could do.

Cheers, Mike

I’m very glad to here you are bringing back the nx60. I have the dx and it’s turned into my go to block plane. It just fits the hand perfectly.

I probably have at least a dozen block planes not sure how I’m going to justify another but I guess I’ll go with I want it?